Orange can of death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Waiting for somebody to have fun with a Fram Ultra (FU) acronym and get the thread locked...

FU is METAR code for smoke.

What does FU stand for - LINK

One of them is "Formerly Undesirable" ...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
I used to be anti-Fram and only ran Purolator the past few years. How wrong was I? LOL.

I like Frams now. I like the TG the best but with orangie getting the silicone ADBV, I think I'll just get that. I'm not an oil collector, I buy per oil change so it's easy to get an oil and filter at Walmart.
Before about 2007 or so-you were right-the Purolators ran well, the Frams (and Ecores) were having media issues. Now they've reversed their former positions.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Fiber endcaps have some advantages over metal which is why Fram patented them in the first place. People with a bias toward them don't really understand what an endcap DOES and DOES NOT do.

I have no clue what you mean by fiber end caps .

This is the AC Delco filter for our Sonic 1.8l ;

http://www.rockauto.com/info/342/PF2257G_Alternate1__ra_p.jpg

Is that what you all are talking about ?

MetalSlug,

You Sir are a wordsmith extraordinaire. Absolutely epic!!! Don't let the Fram Venom take your soul..

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Fiber endcaps have some advantages over metal which is why Fram patented them in the first place. People with a bias toward them don't really understand what an endcap DOES and DOES NOT do.

I have no clue what you mean by fiber end caps .

This is the AC Delco filter for our Sonic 1.8l ;

http://www.rockauto.com/info/342/PF2257G_Alternate1__ra_p.jpg

Is that what you all are talking about ?

That's a cartridge filter, and looks to have plastic end caps with a felt seal around the center tube. Not the same thing as fiber end caps.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
THis was just another thread to poke the hornets nest.

BITOG Gold Standard

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Not til they change to metal end cap . It’s still orange can of death and worse filter on planet in my book . This site flood with fram fan boy and fram speak representative . So you will see a lot recommend orange can of death . Pay little more and get something solid . [censored] im even pick that new encore Super tech oil filter over that fram ocod . For 3k oil change anything will do anyway .
Blah, blah, blah, blah...

Not a single shred of proof provided to substantiate your claims about FRAM, yet you defend Purolator despite the dozens of torn filters posted by various people on the site. No irony there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back