Options other than Adobe Flashplayer/ Firefox User

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple_Se7en

$50 Site Donor 2024
Can I even use another party as my Player in Firefox? Currently using Adobe Flashplayer 23.0.0.27 NPAPI. I have a Flashplayer Firefox add-on activated also.

This morning I ran into several episodes of Flashplayer crashing and I am not interesting in uninstalling it and reinstalling it. It is fine ever since this early morning. Time to try something else.

Last edited:
Fortunately, more & more video is available in HTML5. Unfortunately, not all. Surprising Flash is still even around in an environment often refered to as "bleeding edge".

As sleddriver said, more video is becoming available in HTML5 instead of Flash. I would disable flash, and then see what sites do/don't work. You might be surprised. I always used Flash, until I got my new laptop earlier this year. I was surfing quite happily, watching html5 videos until a few weeks later, I saw a small window asking me to install flash to see the video. Youtube works seamlessly now with html5 if you don't have flash.

There are some half baked alternatives (like Shumway for Firefox), but at this point its little more than a proof of concept. If you really have problems after uninstalling/disabling Flash, you might just need to bite the bullet and stick with it, but then again you might be surprised. Many sites that gave me video in flash (when I had it installed) gave it to me without flash, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back