Lubegard Heavy Duty Gear Protectant

Hi all,

I added this product to amsoil syncromesh MTF when changing fluid in my Honda S2000.

The S2000 is tracked and driven hard in the mountains here and there. Over the last season, I have been pushing the car much harder than usual - The amsoil MTF was fried after only 3000km of hard use.

The s2k is very sensitive to fluids - by that I mean you can "feel" the difference between products and also when the current fill is starting to let go.

On the short test drive with Lubegard Heavy Duty Gear protectant, the shifting feel was better than ever before (i.e better than straight amsoil mtf) - almost like there was some additional "cushioning" in the gearbox.

I plan to add this to the differential also - I tend to switch between redline shockproof and amsoil severe gear, both 75w140.

Anyone else had any positive experiences with this product?

Lubegard products are awesome, and they all perform well, except for this one. Unless you want to improve some mediocre performing gear oil, just buy a decent gear oil from Motul, Mobil Delvac, Red Line, AMSOIL, etc., and forget about this one. Even the BioTech conditions seals, and uses MoDTP as an anti wear additive instead of ZDDP. Their ATF Platinum supplement is awesome. This product, however, is just an additive package booster for gear oil, and there is only so much that can help.

I had a similar experience in my old 77 f250 with a four-speed. Improved shifting for sure, although that transmission was very simple. I know a lot of the more modern ones are quite sensitive. But you already put it in and it seems to be working so as long as that doesn't change I see no reason to do anything different.

almost like there was some additional "cushioning" in the gearbox
I wanted to address this bit: that's Lubergard's proprietary LXE technology. My only gripe with this product is that most differentials, transfer cases, and manual transmissions in vehicles take such a small amount of oil that at 3 liquid oz per quart of oil, this particular product takes up too much space, as it is not a fully formulated lubricant. However, it works for you, and provides you with satisfactory results, then that's all that matters.

I wanted to address this bit: that's Lubergard's proprietary LXE technology. My only gripe with this product is that most differentials, transfer cases, and manual transmissions in vehicles take such a small amount of oil that at 3 liquid oz per quart of oil, this particular product takes up too much space, as it is not a fully formulated lubricant. However, it works for you, and provides you with satisfactory results, then that's all that matters.
I also had this concern! I'll try and remember to post back in this thread later in 2024 with any observations

Back