opinions on Coolants (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have used the Royal Purple's Purple Ice tn the radiator and recieved a large decrease in temperature, 10degrees.
shocked.gif

What bare your opionions on the product as well as Redlines Water Wetter?
confused.gif

Other's may have different opinions, but I think both products are for the race track only when the racing sactioning body will not allow anti-freeze on the track.

In my opinion they should not be used with anti-freeze and for normal cars it is nothing more than snake oil.

"In my opinion they should not be used with anti-freeze and for normal cars it is nothing more than snake oil."

Elaborate please.

I use Purple Ice on my race car as well as everyday driving...but we never get freezing conditions here, max low temp are 10degrees C, high temp 35-40degrees C...

I wouldnt see any use for these products other than racing applications. A cooling system that is in good shape shouldnt need it.

I read on this forum that the redline "red" water wetter separates in antifreeze....but re-mixes when warm. The "red" redline water wetter is designed for a water only application in gasoline engines, and as such contains some additives that antifreeze would have...but still keeps within the racing regulations? The suggestion was to use the "purple" redline water wetter for diesel engines. This does not have the additives that separate out. Again, I am only repeating what was mentioned in a post that I read a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back