Opinions of 2002 Honda Accord LX?

Check out the paint. Sometimes hondas of this vintage have clear coat adhesion problems. I will say that from 2016-2021 i washed my car every week and the paint has held up great. Yes the transmissions can be iffy but i think they are still a very strong transmission. When i got my car it had transmission issues and i just have been riding it out. 85k miles later the same transmission is still working. It has had every type of fluid and transmission additive run through it and it still functions. Besides the transmission issues its just such a joy to work on because everything is so easily accessible and cheap.

I owned this car. 2002 accord with i4 and 4AT. It was solidly built, dead-nuts reliable and comfortable. This was their last body with the classic accord-sedan look, a reach-back into the early 90s, before things started getting bubbly. the 4-bangers were not known to eat transmissions as they didn’t produce the torque of the v6. We also had 2 v6s with that transmission that didn’t give us any trouble for the ~100k I knew them.

it was a great vehicle. Was probably a quieter interior than the next model. Most of it seemed assembled from the tried and true honda parts bin. For $1800, if it shifts through all the gears and oil leaks are slower than a drip, it could be worth a shot.

Back