Oil Recycling Containers

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I had thrown away some oil jugs and received some that were leaking from shipping.
I started saving these Peak tea bottles...mine unsweet not shown..lol
They are the bomb as I emptied my oil extractors into these without a funnel and the same for my oil pans with spouts. The extra large mouth on these is great for dumping your old oil into.

Screenshot_20230407-112642~2.jpg

Am I the only one that takes the drain pan to the store and dumps it? Lol. Thought that was normal. I do typically save the old jugs though just to have.
No way. I don’t want that nasty thing in my vehicle. Old oil goes in the new oil’s jug, old filter goes in the new filter’s box, and both go in a cardboard box.

Laundry soap container anyone?

I use them for transmission oil flush instead of refilling the quart bottles.
I do like these better as they are see through and my oil extractors changed the plastic to where you can't see the oil volume even though it is numbered.
When you dump them into this bottle you can easily see how much oil you actually suctioned out.

I do like these better as they are see through and my oil extractors changed the plastic to where you can't see the oil volume even though it is numbered.
When you dump them into this bottle you can easily see how much oil you actually suctioned out.
Don’t need that. Have enough 5 gal buckets with pour spouts and 2.5 Rotella motor oil jugs

Windshield wiper fluid bottles for coolant and 5L oil bottles for old oil here. I drop off the bottle and they recycle it all.

I use the 20# cat litter bottles I buy(with litter) at Menard's. Take them to city transfer station where they have large tank for lube oils. Give em a toss as I always have a new one in immediate future.

^ I’ve used the kitty litter containers for years. I have 2 and each will hold a couple of oil changes. Go to AZ, dump them in the tank…done.

Found this on AutoZones website...

*However, you should note that government laws limit the quantity of oil that Autozone can take in daily, so ensure that you abide by these laws.*

What laws are these and why?

Found this on AutoZones website...

*However, you should note that government laws limit the quantity of oil that Autozone can take in daily, so ensure that you abide by these laws.*

What laws are these and why?
They used to have a log, only allowing you ~5 gallons/day-haven’t seen the log in years! Now it’s “the tank is by the back door, knock yourself out!”! There’s no laws…

I use this:

Easy clean up and transport to the county recycling facility (or stored upright in the garage), no issues carrying laying flat in my wagons, I just place it on a towel. Been happy with this one.

For the 3x VWs, I gets dumped back into the Liquimoly containers and shipped back to FCP for a refund....the 5L LM containers are pretty nice and seal up well/would be good to use to transport to the county recycling place as well if I kept them.

Back