oil recommendation for 08 town and country

Status
Not open for further replies.
my mom keeps saying she needs to take it in for an oil change but she is also always talking about not having extra money

she is at 4060ish miles on the last oil change done last july doesn't drive it often and usually just around town

she takes it to a local midas where they put in a synblend of an unnamed brand and a napa proselect filter

i've decided to be nice and give her a late mother's day gift of an oil change and i'm trying to decide on what oil to get... i'll be using a wix filter

btw it's a 3.3L

Perhaps hit up your local walmart and see if they're clearancing Pennzoil Ultra dirt cheap
wink.gif

i was actually looking for the PGB but cannot find it in 5w20 around here... just the 5w30 in fact the only non HM synblends i find in the area are motorcraft and castrol (well and some HDEOs but none of those are 5w20)

Originally Posted By: AmishFury
my mom keeps saying she needs to take it in for an oil change but she is also always talking about not having extra money

she is at 4060ish miles on the last oil change done last july doesn't drive it often and usually just around town

she takes it to a local midas where they put in a synblend of an unnamed brand and a napa proselect filter

i've decided to be nice and give her a late mother's day gift of an oil change and i'm trying to decide on what oil to get... i'll be using a wix filter

btw it's a 3.3L

Use any name brand 5/30 or 10/30. For a simi-syn, Rotella T5 is about as good as it gets. I have 3 of those mini's.

2000 GC 3.3 with 151k miles, gets M1 5/30 once a year, ~10k miles.
1994 Ply GV 3.8 with 209k miles gets Rotella T6 @ ~5000 miles.
1994 GC 3.3 with 240k miles, gets leftovers from the stash.

Good luck,
Wayne

You don't have to use 5w20. 5w30 and 10w30 are fine too. This engine has been around for a long time on 5w30 and 10w30. As a matter of fact, mine is a 2005 and somewhere in the middle of the 2005 model year is when they started recommending the 5w20. As far as I know they didn't change the 3.3 engine part way through the model year to accomodate the change. I use whichever I have around and have never noticed any difference.
smile.gif

I actually just picked up a couple of jugs of the Pennzoil Syth Blend 5w30 at wally world. I would use a 5w30 over a 5w20 in that engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back