Oil for 2010 Forester?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to BITOG where parsing the deatials is ... the nuts
smile.gif

ha HA!

Originally Posted By: BJD78
(Don't be telling others that your choices are somehow appropriate when you have no basis for that claim, though)BTW I never tell anyone what to use in their vehicles.Last I checked this is America and you can use whatever you want , the cheapest oil or the most expensive , makes no difference to me. "my money my engine" That is 100% correct nd my engines have done quite well on what I use , thank you. And my engines have done very well and spending more money on more expensive oil would not have made any difference. All I did was answer the OP's question and I make no apologies for it. Good day!

As I posted above, you are certainly free to use whatever you want.
To have given an uniformed answer to the OP's question was wrong, though.
OTOH, in America, you don't have to have any clue what you're talking about to run your mouth or keyboard.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Originally Posted By: BJD78
(Don't be telling others that your choices are somehow appropriate when you have no basis for that claim, though)BTW I never tell anyone what to use in their vehicles.Last I checked this is America and you can use whatever you want , the cheapest oil or the most expensive , makes no difference to me. "my money my engine" That is 100% correct nd my engines have done quite well on what I use , thank you. And my engines have done very well and spending more money on more expensive oil would not have made any difference. All I did was answer the OP's question and I make no apologies for it. Good day!

As I posted above, you are certainly free to use whatever you want.
To have given an uniformed answer to the OP's question was wrong, though. (Was not an uninformed answer , it was straight from the OM) But apparently you Know more than the Subaru people who write the OM manual.
OTOH, in America, you don't have to have any clue what you're talking about to run your mouth or keyboard.
This had zero to do with clues, and everthing to do with the "preferred oil'as put forth by the OM. Pretty sure the OP was satisfied with the answer and if he was not,so what,he can read the OM as well as I can. Too bad this topic is so difficult for you. Done with you and your attitude!!

You apparently skipped that part of the OM that went beyond the one you referenced.
The attitude here appears to be mainly yours when you're called out for making assertions not grounded in fact.
Why you find it so difficult to grasp that Subaru went a bit beyond in recommending more suitable grades for its engines escapes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back