OEM Plugs for Lexus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting 3-prong design your car uses
crazy2.gif

One prong on top like normal, and two side prongs

The Denso TT would be just fine, since they have the same 3-prong configuration as the OE Densos. Rock Auto has the OE versions for $11 each, and the TT goes for $5.50 each

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Interesting 3-prong design your car uses
crazy2.gif

One prong on top like normal, and two side prongs

The Denso TT would be just fine, since they have the same 3-prong configuration as the OE Densos. Rock Auto has the OE versions for $11 each, and the TT goes for $5.50 each

The 2 side ones only "fire" if the spark plug is fouled.

But, the TT's won't last as long as the factory configured plugs, due to the smaller iridium alloy tip (.4mm vs .7mm), but will create a more concentrated spark.

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
BTW aren't they rated for 120K miles... My lexus needs replacement at 120K

Yes, in the ES. The GS is DI and is 60K in the manual, so I have 90K. In reality they are probably good to 120k.

They are in already, got them from advance as I said above, for the rockauto price + tx. $72 out the door.

I cleaned the TB, MAF and with the new plugs the idle is absolutely perfect. Better throttle response. Used the Ford silicone product on the boots.

This car tracks MPG by the minute with a graph and I feel I'm getting 1.5ish MPGs more. The dash total moved into the mid 17 range, and climbing was in the 16s with the same city driving. I'm getting more bars that touch the "30" top line. Rated 18/25 when new. This car is just under 4k lbs, a few pounds heavier than the Grand Marquis. The old plugs didn't look horrible or worn but the new ones look sharper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back