Odd Ball!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 02SE
If you're really concerned, stop and ask them.

Nosey neighbor.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Malo83

Nosey neighbor.
lol.gif

I wouldn't care, and wouldn't ask.

But the OP seems really concerned.

Nosey neighbor.
lol.gif

OP doesn't seem concerned, they just saw something quirky and posted it online. You know, stuff humans do. And remember, you cared enough to post several comment on the subject.

Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules

Nosey neighbor.
lol.gif

OP doesn't seem concerned, they just saw something quirky and posted it online. You know, stuff humans do. And remember, you cared enough to post several comment on the subject.

Cared enough to take a pic, and start a thread on an oil website.

I clicked on an ambiguously titled thread. and while wondering why this warranted a thread here, suggested that if he was really concerned, he should ask the neighbor. Maybe my comment will keep others from wasting time on pointless threads. If my replying several times has the effect of stifling such threads, it was worth the effort.
smile.gif

I clicked on an ambiguously titled thread. and while wondering why this warranted a thread here, suggested that if he was really concerned, he should ask the neighbor. Maybe my comment will keep others from wasting time on pointless threads. If my replying several times has the effect of stifling such threads, it was worth the effort.
smile.gif

But surely you're literate enough to read that this section is "General and Off-Topic"? It's sad that you're wasting your own time being a curmudgeonly gatekeeper of an Off-Topic section being used for it's intended purpose--having conversations about non-oil related topics.

Maybe you are literate enough to understand why I suggested he ask his neighbor why their car was sitting there with a comforter/ blanket, rather than ask a bunch of strangers on an oil website? Then again maybe not.

It's sad that you can't understand why asking his neighbor what was up, might get better results...

Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules

smile.gif

But surely you're literate enough to read that this section is "General and Off-Topic"? It's sad that you're wasting your own time being a curmudgeonly gatekeeper of an Off-Topic section being used for it's intended purpose--having conversations about non-oil related topics.

+1

I thank you for the understanding; if it was something normal, who would even notice anything but like this with a quilt on the top of the car or the front hood certainly it is an outlier and that's why it was recorded

BTW, I asked one guy at my place of work who owns one of these and he could not come up with any reasonable answer that would benefit the car itself from doing it, surprise surprise

What concerns me is that even people with very expensive homes don't paint their garage drywall. Ever.

Why is that?? I lose sleep over this phenomenon. People that don't paint their garage drywall should never leave their doors open. It detracts from property value and the ambiance of the neighborhood. I bet HOAs don't allow this!

Where is demarpaint?

Originally Posted by doitmyself
What concerns me is that even people with very expensive homes don't paint their garage drywall. Ever.

Why is that?? I lose sleep over this phenomenon. People that don't paint their garage drywall should never leave their doors open. It detracts from property value and the ambiance of the neighborhood. I bet HOAs don't allow this!

Where is demarpaint?

They had to economize somewhere?
21.gif
Heck even my garage was painted. I wouldn't have bothered, but it is nice, even if it's a junky coat (just to cover tape seams).

I can't say I have seen this phenomenon though. If it did exist, then yeah I could be surprised too, since one always sees their garage twice a day. Then again, I wouldn't lose sleep over it...

Day one I moved into my new house, I painted the entire garage interior with 5 gallons of paint. Looks 1000 times better than every one else's drywall which is now turning brown and looking terrible. Cost me 90 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back