Objective Seafoam Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GearheadTool
Originally Posted By: Thax
Perhaps try the same experiment with Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner or Amsoil Power Foam . These products supposedly work much better than seafoam.

SUPPOSEDLY!

I have heard all the stories of Seafoam killing engines, or killing CATs, but I have never seen it. Seems to work, just not as well as Redline...

I wasnt implying that seafoam kills engines? I am saying that MPCC and AMSoil power foam will clean a EFI engines intake much more than seafoam ever will. I have used all three products and Seafoam does little to nothing compared to the other two.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I put about 4oz in the oil and then did the oil change after driving for about ten miles.

Seafoam melted the threads on the oil pan.

What a nightmare! Mechanic who has been doing the oil change on this car for years stripped the pan when he went to put the plug back in. I was right there with him and had asked him about the plug gasket. As he started tightening it, I knew something was not right just by the expression and the way he was tightening it. When he took the plug out, all the threads came out :-(

They re-tapped the thread and put the oversize plug with a nylon washer on it. Those guys were laughing and were in general having fun at my expense. They tell me that it happens often, especially with the aluminum oil pan.

(I hope nobody takes the Seafoam melting oil pan seriously!)

TBH, I didn't know you were joking?

I have been a fan of using additive,s but I can't tell a fake horror story from a real one. (Ive seen some things happen to cars!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back