NYC ... My view from the past two weeks

Anyone notice the Concord just floating down the river?

Concord.JPG

Awesome shots.

Why would anyone want to leave? We’ve got everything…
High taxes, traffic, "Gold Bar Bob" Menendez. I was born in Kearny NJ, grew up in Newark NJ, all my higher education in Newark NJ, worked in Newark NJ for 10 years. Escaped to Vermont 21 years ago enjoying the clean air and no traffic.

High taxes, traffic, "Gold Bar Bob" Menendez. I was born in Kearny NJ, grew up in Newark NJ, all my higher education in Newark NJ, worked in Newark NJ for 10 years. Escaped to Vermont 21 years ago enjoying the clean air and no traffic.
Must have been fun living there during the Sopranos years.

What bothered me the most was the turnstile jumpers in the subway. I almost closed some guys hand in the door because I’d slam the handicap door hard behind us because if it was allowed open, all sorts of folks just walk in. So obnoxious and offensive to those of us who pay.
I noticed that too, but it my case it worked out. I loaded the swipe card and for the last fare, the turnstile jammed, well I had no money left on the card and my family was already on the platform. I panicked and then went in with someone using the handicapped entrance (buzzer sounding). If questioned, I would have explained that I paid my fare; check the cameras.

I spent a few weekends in New Jersey back in the 1980's while going to ET school on Governors Island. Had a classmate that was from Princeton? New Jersey. Spent a few weekends with his family there. Very pretty. As a matter of fact, once you got away from the immediate NYC/Newark area it was quite a pretty place. Also liked the beach in Wildwood. Atlantic City was dismal in those days.

Back