Notice How BITOG is More Pleasant These Days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ndfergy
Good tip but you accidentally transposed the search parameters. Should be topic site:url

In other words if you were searching for the boron additive in bitog using either Google or Bing you would enter:

boron site:bobistheoilguy.com

My way also works, try it and you'll see. Try:

bobistheoilguy site: purolator

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Good tip but you accidentally transposed the search parameters. Should be topic site:url

In other words if you were searching for the boron additive in bitog using either Google or Bing you would enter:

boron site:bobistheoilguy.com

My way also works, try it and you'll see. Try:

bobistheoilguy site: purolator

In your search example the "site:" operator is undefined because there's a space. With that Google will revert to the "+" operator. If you remove the space the search results will not match because it has an invalid url. However, you are right in the sense that it doesn't matter whether your search topic is before or after the site:url . Maybe that's where the confusion lies.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk.

^^^ Those search results look fine to me using my method. Guess I fail to see any problem with how it's working.

If you look at my post, I did have a space, so it works just fine, just as your example shows.
smile.gif

^^^ Those search results look fine to me using my method. Guess I fail to see any problem with how it's working.

If you look at my post, I did have a space, so it works just fine, just as your example shows.
smile.gif

If you're looking for everything related to those two topics then fine. If you only want to search for a topic within the url then, e.g. "site:bobistheoilguy.com" must be part of the search.

On a different note, lately my golf game sucks. I keep pulling the ball to the left. Any tips? No need to answer. Just my way of apologizing for being a [removed].

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Unless we get some GOOD CLASSIC drama queen threads again,I'll be forced to start watching Days of Our Lives!
laugh.gif
When we get those good long threads going,I find myself refreshing the screen constantly and not being able to pry myself away from the computer haha.

But......what ever happened to the tree monkeys?

^^ this.
it's all about entertainment/laughs.

the Honda/Toyota fanboys have mellowed, and do not proclaim the excellence of their vehicles, as in the past. they realize that, in the real world, their vehicles have issues -- as all makes do.many threads, in the last couple of years, detail issues with these makes.these threads always turned into peeing matches.

kudos to the mods for keeping high standards for bitog.

smile.gif

If you're looking for everything related to those two topics then fine. If you only want to search for a topic within the url then, e.g. "site:bobistheoilguy.com" must be part of the search.

How is my method not finding all occurrences of "purolator" on BITOG?

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
I generally don't bash anyone for this, but I can see posters being annoyed with newbs being lazy or just seeking attention/validation with worthless redundancy. That's also disrespectful...

I don't mind new questions, even if they should have searched. That's no big deal. I shake my head, though, when someone comes new (or reincarnated) to tell us how Brand X causes engines to sludge up. Like gee, no one in BITOG has every heard old wives tales about oil, of all topics; all we do here is play cards. Or, when they come and tell us about some new additive that will change the world because the oil companies have been bamboozling us, and then explain to us all these things because we have no idea about the topic at hand. Of course, those people are usually shills, and vanish at the first technical challenge.

smile.gif

Hey @11k, I should've thought ahead and asked if you had any interest in the races at Pacific Raceway this weekend. All those big beautiful Pines give off a lot of oxygen that the cars just love. I'll try to remember to mention it next year.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Hey @11k, I should've thought ahead and asked if you had any interest in the races at Pacific Raceway this weekend. All those big beautiful Pines give off a lot of oxygen that the cars just love. I'll try to remember to mention it next year.

I didn't go, just watched some on TV. Did you come up and go? I have gone a couple times over the years - got a nice photo with Ashley Force one year.

I went every year back in the day when it was called Jolly Rancher NW Nationals. Those sportsman categories would bore me to death with over 100 supergas entries alone, but I did see a top fuel run a perfect 9.900 at 20 mph through the traps.
The last year I went, Eddy Hill qualified 1st then went up in smoke 200 feet out in the 1st round. I guess he got a little greedy with the clutch set-up and the track wouldn't hold the tune.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

I didn't go, just watched some on TV. Did you come up and go? I have gone a couple times over the years - got a nice photo with Ashley Force one year.

I'm at all of them. I worked as a crew member for years on various TF/D's. Currently I consult. At one time Cookie was going to come out, but I haven't talked to him in years, and have since lost track of him.

Ashley is a sweetheart. She's at quite a few of the races supporting her sisters and dad.

You guys must have been exhausted by the time Sunday night came around, only to pack up and drive halfway across the country to the next event.
Often I would cut through the fuel pits at 2am and you guys were still spraying brake-clean and spinning wrenches.
I doubt if most race fans knew the effort AND MONEY it took to make the show go on.

smile.gif

How is my method not finding all occurrences of "purolator" on BITOG?

Notice how in the pictures he posted, google includes results from Facebook and Tacomaworld.
SzFouiI.png

From https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433

Originally Posted By: mooferz
Notice how in the pictures he posted, google includes results from Facebook and Tacomaworld.

Yep I see that, and agree that the format "purolator site:bobistheoilguy.com" works better.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
No, we need the legendary GearHeadTool back-he was better than Comedy Central! Got any more dead Volvos??

This. He was the train wreck that you know that you couldn't stop, but was too fascinating to stop watching.
Many on here BMW'd because he did not heed their counsel and advice.
However, just because there is a thread, doesn't mean that there is a compulsory requirement to respond.
His all time best wasn't even on this forum. It was when he was on the Volvo forum discussing his multitude of issues with the car. I still look it up on occasion when I need a good laugh. That was priceless.

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
No, we need the legendary GearHeadTool back-he was better than Comedy Central! Got any more dead Volvos??

This. He was the train wreck that you know that you couldn't stop, but was too fascinating to stop watching.
Many on here BMW'd because he did not heed their counsel and advice.
However, just because there is a thread, doesn't mean that there is a compulsory requirement to respond.
His all time best wasn't even on this forum. It was when he was on the Volvo forum discussing his multitude of issues with the car. I still look it up on occasion when I need a good laugh. That was priceless.

^^^ this.
a lot of us here had many laughs whenever 'prone posted/started a thread.but, there was always a couple of dolts that would cry to the mods to ban him, because they had zero sense of humor.so much for free speech. the guy was harmless. I posted a couple of times that if you didn't want to see his posts, put him on ignore.the dolts didn't want to see his posts, so they don't want anybody to see them. sad.
oh, well, this is the internet.

Yea, it could get so pleasant that people lose interest and it eventually boils down to a few hundred people giving each other high fives and moral support.

A low self esteem support group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back