Not everybody is offended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Whimsey
At least not all young women are offended by a compliment
grin.gif

Maybe you can get away with it but I can't. I learned my lesson hard one day. I keep my mouth shut now.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: Whimsey
At least not all young women are offended by a compliment
grin.gif

Maybe you can get away with it but I can't. I learned my lesson hard one day. I keep my mouth shut now.

you can usually know how much you can joke with the other person by there body language and such...
28.gif

Originally Posted By: Crispysea
Most women still like compliments, as long as they’re not creepy or perverted.

Excuse me cislord, how dare you say "most women" and assume what women want. This is 2017 and sexism and racism and exclusionary behavior are at an all time high and we don't need your condescending words filled with hate and bigotry. Also YOU don't define what is creepy or perverted because us wymyn can be the only ones to make that judgment.

JK, but see how it works nowadays? You can't even make assumptions anymore because there are people who snap like a twig like that based on the most innocent things.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
You can't even make assumptions anymore because there are people who snap like a twig like that based on the most innocent things.

LOL yes you can those people don't matter!

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Just be careful. It's a brave new world out there and there is this new concept of "microaggression" and believe it or not it's being taken seriously and the consequences are mindbending. There are people out there that are fully prepared to be a victim of the wrong statement no matter how innocent the intent might have been. The Haloween Carnival at an elementary school was even a victim of all this and canceled. It was said that children dressed in costumes were misappropriating someone else's gender or culture.

I am pretty sure asteroids and comets don't a give a [censored] if humans scream and shout "macro-aggression".

After 20+ years in union work environments and 20+ years as LEO, I've grown a calloused, thick emotional skin, simply to survive. That, and a dark/sarcastic sense of humor, has got me close to the edge more than once with this hyper-sensitive world in which we now live.

I'm 53; I so desperately long for the return of the days of my childhood; I can recall more than once my mom teaching me that "Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me".

I'd say that the world it filling up with snowflakes, but that would hurt the feelings of precipitation ...

Let me tell you about a little story about my buddy with colon cancer.

He was in the hospital, and having a rough time of it. I went over to see him and he looked bad.
He was drugged up pretty good. I crawled into bed to give him a hug when I did a couple of nurses walked in
They said "Oh we didn't know, well be back"
My Buddy Wes stopped crying long enough to say "Hey you are gonna stay and watch"

I thought on no...The two nurses lost it they were laughing so hard. The one said "Hold on let me get a camera"

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
After 20+ years in union work environments and 20+ years as LEO, I've grown a calloused, thick emotional skin, simply to survive. That, and a dark/sarcastic sense of humor, has got me close to the edge more than once with this hyper-sensitive world in which we now live.

I'm 53; I so desperately long for the return of the days of my childhood; I can recall more than once my mom teaching me that "Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me".

I'd say that the world it filling up with snowflakes, but that would hurt the feelings of precipitation ...

Quick question -- Are the snowflakes the males who are upset that women might object to sexual harassment?

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B

Quick question -- Are the snowflakes the males who are upset that women might object to sexual harassment?

link

Quote:
A hypersensitive, irrational person who can't stand to have their world views challenged, or be offended in any perceived or even slightest of ways; they will have any number of emotional reactions: impuning character and/or motives, blocking on social media, shouting, interrupting, threatening, assaulting, etc. They often live in an echo chamber of their own beliefs and surround themselves exclusively with people and opinions that agree with their own. This term is most often use to describe people left-leaning people, but can be applied both left and right wing people.

I told that snowflake that I respectfully disagree and had some questions, and she started screaming that I was a nazi.
John Doe saw that I agreed with Jane Doe on an issue, and he blocked me; I never knew he was so petty snowflake.

Not that this is a 100% accurate definition, just the first one I came across. Usually affixed to the millennial generation (25-34 age group?), although it seems to be used very often just because it can be.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Let me tell you about a little story about my buddy with colon cancer.

He was in the hospital, and having a rough time of it. I went over to see him and he looked bad.
He was drugged up pretty good. I crawled into bed to give him a hug when I did a couple of nurses walked in
They said "Oh we didn't know, well be back"
My Buddy Wes stopped crying long enough to say "Hey you are gonna stay and watch"

I thought on no...The two nurses lost it they were laughing so hard. The one said "Hold on let me get a camera"

Now that's friendship.

@supton, I know the definition, I am curious as to who is labeled as a snowflake -- men who are upset that women might object to sexual harassment, or the women who object sexual harassment?

You couldn't be more accurate in how I also have come to be about this topic. It's now, for the average middle aged male, all about surviving. I'm 55 and grown so weary of our current culture. I've chosen, through what I perceive as necessity, to keep my head down...lay low...mouth shut (if I can)...and avoid any conversation at work or in public, that isn't necessary. It's even gotten to the point where family gatherings are just as troublesome.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
@supton, I know the definition, I am curious as to who is labeled as a snowflake -- men who are upset that women might object to sexual harassment, or the women who object sexual harassment?

I'm guessing both. It's anyone who can't handle adversity w/o crying.

These days, just labeling everyone as a snowflake is the norm, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back