not a cat person...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww Shannow you're a new daddy
grin.gif

Reminds me of when I brought a toy Rat Rerrier puppy home. My dad was definitely not an animal person and freaked out when I showed up with her. Well,every night I'd sneak in and see him relaxing in the recliner watching TV and she'd be curled up in his lap while he would be holding her with his arms around her haha. They became inseparable! He basically took her over haha.

I always had dogs growing up; my secretary found a stray kitten about 15 years ago and my son wanted it. The rest is history. His personality cracks me up. If you leave a car window down he thinks it's an invitation...

Try a cat box liner. You just pick up the dirty litter in the liner,tie it off,and throw it in the outside trash. Think of it as a garbage can liner for a cat box.

A lucky girl or boy to give you something to take care of. It takes a special person to appreciate cats. We have had cats for forty five years and still remember how much we enjoyed them and how sad we were when they died. It's very hard to give them up, but your last kindness for them assures that they don't have to suffer through a prolonged illness. They will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge, and together you and all your cats and dogs will cross over into eternal happiness. Thank you kind soul.
smile.gif

I have taken care of cats over 22 years. On the third generation. Right now I am told I need to get back to petting them. They have me well trained.
smile.gif

You might not "like" them,but think of it this way....where pray tell might these cats be if people like you didn't adopt them? The thought of the alternative will make you happy you took one in.One more safe and taken care of....

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Short hair kitties dont have nearly the hairball problem that long hair cats do. I love my long hair cat but wont get another (I hope).
My last cat was a ragdoll I rescued. Noticed her fur never matted like a former persian. Interesting.

Our morning routine while drinking coffee was she'd jump in my lap and I'd give her a good brushing. No hairball upchuck and less hair about. Another benefit of regular brushing is it'll greatly endear the cat to you. Reminds them of being groomed when young.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Cats are the best things in this world. They are better than pure gold, diamonds, or any amount of money.

This times a million!!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Cat ownership enhances the quality a person's life unless one chooses not to let it; Not for everyone however.

If I were to sum up the pluses vs the minuses in my life, I'm still looking at a positive integer.

Good chance they may convert you.

I definitely agree with this. My wife and I have 4 cats. Started with 1, and over time, more cats just sort of 'found' us.. including my 6-year-old Bombay girl. I've lost a few over time whom I was very close to, and it honestly felt like I was losing a child. Whenever I'm having a bad day, I find that I can pick one of our cats up and just give it a cuddle, and I end up feeling better.

Our newest - a 6-month Russian Blue that we got when she was just 2 months old - sleeps either next to me, or on my chest, every night. Helps me sleep and overall makes my days better.

I wouldn't be surprised if you end up very grateful for these cats.

We have a 14 year old female Persian, who has quite the personality. With me at age 66, she will be our last cat. But I've had cats in the family since the 1960's when our barn cat had her kittens in the back seat of a 1957 Coupe Deville.

That's the pair of them eating...will get a better pic of the black one when they are watered and fed.

Son's cat is the Gray...Gandalf the Gray (is it OK to call a girl cat Gandalf Dad - yes of course, it will be no difference by Christmas anyway).
Daughter's cat is the black...Salem, a boy (ATM).

Our last cat (Lestat, Bozy, or Je$us) had to be put down couple weeks before we moved (at 23), and a couple of litters (13 kittens in total) came up well out of season, so we "pounced" so to speak.

Had cats all my life, never a dog. You have to tell dogs what to do all day...and I think that's the problem with non cat people, they don't do what they are told. To my parents, dogs were tools, not pets, you used them at work, and left them at work. We could hear our father whistle us home from a long way off...my mother couldn't whistle that loud, she had a tin shepards whistle. They didn't hate dogs, just didn't see them as pets.

We've only used litter trays for training, our cats are out door cats, and come and go as they please. To a previous reply - no, cats don't work together normally, they are loners, and have a territory to be defended at all times, sharing that territory with another cat goes against instinct. They are also not with you because of the food, although it's very handy - move a mile down the road, and the cat will go back to it's territory and starve rather than be with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back