Nokian Encompass AW01

Just got a fresh set of Nokian Encompasses put on the Crown Vic at a local DT. Hopefully will have some winter weather this coming Monday to put them to the test. They look pretty solid and should be hands down better than the all seasons I had on before.

IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0617.jpeg

One of the members on DriveAccord got them but returned them. He is a courier and does a lot of miles (100k+ yearly). He said for him they had an on-going high-pitched whine above 40mph, and notable MPG decrease. For most people probably very good and better than all season. He's in his car 16 hours all across the country.

I always had good experience with my Nokians. I drifted away from them due to $$ as compared to others that were getting just as good if not better test results. I would have no hesitation trying them again, or recommending them but there are now multiple other all-weather choices out there.

Post back review after the snow.

One of the members on DriveAccord got them but returned them. He is a courier and does a lot of miles (100k+ yearly). He said for him they had an on-going high-pitched whine above 40mph, and notable MPG decrease. For most people probably very good and better than all season. He's in his car 16 hours all across the country.

I always had good experience with my Nokians. I drifted away from them due to $$ as compared to others that were getting just as good if not better test results. I would have no hesitation trying them again, or recommending them but there are now multiple other all-weather choices out there.

Post back review after the snow.
Well won’t be giving an update today on performance, the winter weather ended up being pure freezing rain, regardless of the tire nothing aside from chains or studded winter tires will perform well on pure ice

Small update, we’ve had an unusual amount of rain today and so far the wet traction and handling feels very nice. Have hit multiple spots this week with standing water on the road and zero issue with hydroplaning, also the tires feel very surefooted at 60mph on rather curvy roads so not the most technical update but they do feel and handle nicely in heavy rains.

Back