Nokian reinvents the Nordman value line image

NOKIAN TYRES INTRODUCES THE FIRST PRODUCT FROM THE STANDALONE NORDMAN™ BRAND – THE NORDMAN NORTH™ 9
1695189414822.png

The tire will be sold in studded and non-studded versions and deliver solid performance for all winter conditions

DAYTON, Tenn. – Nokian Tyres is pleased to introduce the first product from the standalone Nordman™ brand – the Nordman North™ 9. The winter tire comes in studded and non-studded versions and accompanies a new standalone Nordman™ brand that will extend to future products in the segment.

The Nordman North™ 9 and Nordman North™ 9 SUV offer solid performance for all winter conditions. The tires are balanced, reliable and safe on ice and snow, while handling stays precise and easy. The Nordman North™ 9 and Nordman North™ 9 SUV are available for purchase at Nokian Tyres’ retail partners throughout the Nordics, United States and Canada this fall.

Nokian Tyres launched the Nordman product family in 2004, but now the Scandinavian tiremaker is relaunching Nordman™ as an independent tire brand for value-driven consumers with a new logo and visual design, including newly designed tire sidewalls and a fresh slogan: NORDMAN – TIRES FOR YOUR DIRECTION™.”

The product portfolio is expanding gradually to cover winter, all-weather and all-season categories for wide market coverage.

The Nordman North™ 9 delivers all-in winter tire performance powered by the professional NorthTech 9 solution. In snow, slush, or shine, Nordman™ tires take control of the road, while the driver takes control of their direction.

1695189414822.png

Now it has its own website

Too bad I already bought the Hakka 9 unstudded from Walmart online already...

Last edited:
If they are sticking with past practice, that Nordman 9 is identical to the Hakka 9 you bought, just re-named. The tread is identical, and historically the compound was, too.

With Nokian, as models aged, instead of getting rid of them, they just re-labeled them “Nordman” and kept them in their line-up. I have a set of Nordman 7, which used to be the Hakka 7 and their top tire. Once the Hakka 9 came out (8 was/is truck SUV only I think), the Hakka 7 magically transformed into the “Nordman 7” and soldiered on in the line-up.

This will be a hard sell for them as a “value” tire as even their older Nordman tires were priced well above other value priced winter tires. Presumably it also means they will drop the Nordman 7 and the Hakka 9 from their lineup - they are still listed as current models and widely available at dealers.

Just curious: why choose the non-studded Nordman North 9/Hakka 9 over the studless R3 or R5? :unsure:

Also, will the new Nordman standalone brand have different distribution than the regular Nokian line? Nokian has often placed heavy restrictions on their tire distribution.

The Nordman 9 is probably the same as the H9 you bought, as has been said already.

///
With Nokian, as models aged, instead of getting rid of them, they just re-labeled them “Nordman” and kept them in their line-up. I have a set of Nordman 7, which used to be the Hakka 7 and their top tire. Once the Hakka 9 came out (8 was/is truck SUV only I think), the Hakka 7 magically transformed into the “Nordman 7” and soldiered on in the line-up.
///
Continental does something similar. They own Gislavid and General. Gislavid is sold in Canada but not USA.

The Continental WS850 looks the same tire as the Gislavid NordFrost 200.
The VikingContact looks like the same tire as Gislavid EuroFrost 6.

The Gislavid NordFrost 3 became the General Altimax Arctic when they introduced the NordFrost 100.

Now that they have a NordFrost 200, the NordFrost 100 became the General Altimax Arctic 12. A used Outback we bought came with a new set so I’ll be trying them out this winter.

Last edited:
Back