No snakes were harmed.

Found this little guy cruising my yard tonight.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231010-164756.jpg
    Screenshot_20231010-164756.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 152
Nice!
I live in Kansas where there are a few rattlers, but not many in my area. However, my in-laws in Texas are used to them. Anyway, one summer I was down there and my BIL and I were cleaning up the fallen tree branches at my MIL’s house. My BIL has a place out in the country where he throws scrap tree branches, so we took a trailer load out there with me riding on the trailer to hold the branches on. It was dark by the time we got there, and I jumped off the trailer to take a whiz. After I was done, my BIL casually mentioned that it was an area known for rattlers. I hopped back on the trailer and shown the flashlight on the ground around the trailer. Sure enough, I saw a pair of rattler eyes shining in the night. Had I jumped off the other side of the trailer, I easily could have stepped right on him. I would have appreciated an advanced warning!

Just be thankful we don't have fer de lances, saw scale vipers, or black mambas, all three have a nasty temper and tend to invenomate upon biting.

I like snakes too. Most people dont understand the good they do, drives me nuts that they indiscriminately kill them. I think they are cool.
Had a black rat snake about 4 feet long scurry away to a creek about two weeks ago when walking in my back yard.
Just a few days ago found this little guy as I was doing some landscaping around the house. He came out and to my surprise hung out a little while.
Ring -Necked Snake
IMG_5441.JPG

IMG_5444.jpeg

Back