nissan titan and 5w-30 chevron supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
heys guys just did my first oil sample at 3,500 miles in my titan. it has 6,700 miles when sample was taken. what do you guys think? blackstone said run 5,000 miles!!
sorry guys i could not get the pic to post so heres the numbers and what they said

aluminum 3
chromium 1
iron 14
copper 3
lead 1
tin 0
molybdenum 57
nickel 0
manganese 1
silver 0
titanium 0
potassium 2
boron 75
silicon 14
sodium 2
calcium 2038
magnesium 5
phosphorus 671
zinc 838
barium 0

the flashpoint was was 390 and the sus vis was 56
the tbn was 3.4 and blackstone credited the high iron and silicon to a new engine. he recommended running a 5000 mile interval next time. what do all you oil experts think

This engine looks like it has lower initial wear rates than other Honda or GM engines. I'm curious why the suggestion to run this oil to 5K as it's at the bottom of the 30wt scale with an SUS of 56.
dunno.gif

Maybe 10w-30 could safely go to 5K, but I wouldn't push the 5w-30 beyond 4K in this vehicle.

I'd wait until you get past 10,000 miles before extending your intervals past 4,000 miles.

This looks like a fantastic result. It might be pretty good even if your motor wasn't breaking in.

More good news: next result should be even better with the same usage.

--- Bror Jace

Agreed...this report doesn't look like your typical break in mileage report but rather more like one from a motor with 40,000 miles. Not sure why Blackstone commented on an Fe of 14ppm? We've seen plenty of reports from properly broken in motors using high priced ols with Fe higher than that. I guess perhaps they felt a need to comment on something?
dunno.gif

I'm with Bror.....give it some more time before you start pushing the OCI out to 5K.

Great report and nice truck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back