Nissan Leaf Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: 02SE
I have a few neighbors with Nissan Leafs. Just last week one of those neighbors was walking by my house, so I said hello and said it was a nice day for a walk. She went into a rant about how her Leaf had quit AGAIN, leaving her to walk home. She said the Dealer wouldn't send a tow truck until the next morning. So I offered to pull her car up the hill to her house.

AAA has a special truck that recharges electric cars by the side of the road. She should get that. Might take only an hour or two to get to her. Check local availability.
hi_evmobilecharge_trucktech.jpg

Her Leaf's problem wasn't a discharged battery. Apparently whatever it was has been a recurring problem for her. She's not mechanically inclined, so she was unable to explain and uninterested in what went wrong. She was just mad that it left her stranded again.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Her Leaf's problem wasn't a discharged battery. Apparently whatever it was has been a recurring problem for her. She's not mechanically inclined, so she was unable to explain and uninterested in what went wrong. She was just mad that it left her stranded again.

I see. Makes me curious as to what the frequency of breakdowns are compared to say, the gold standard, a Prius or Corolla (very best there is). Consumer Reports does some big surveys, and the Leaf has been out for a while now, about 7 years experience with it.

Edit update: J.D. Power Dependability Study ratings: 2011 Leaf (first year): Slightly less than average.
2012-2015 Leafs: Way above average reliability, excellent.
2016-2017 Leafs: Average reliability. But thats in the context of most new cars of any type are reliable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back