Nice Sunny Weather in California

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two traffic signals, next to 10 Freeway, out during yesterday's commute. Presumably a blown transformer, due to heat. Next several days (and looking at next week too) are hot.

It's weird seeing the 10-15 year old vehicles with no A/C. There's a lot of them. One Altima's driver was holding an icepack to his head with one hand, moderately aggressive lane changing to try to make progress in stopped freeway traffic. I figure, 105F, no A/C, black paint job, he got the model with no OEM window tinting even(!), then whatever, cut me off. My 25 year old car still has good R-12 ice-cold at idle A/C.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Originally Posted By: car51
74 this week so far with 0 humidity
smile.gif

That humidity has got to be a typo

that's a negative sir. Hit 76 yesterday and 79 here and very breezy like yesterday. I haven't had my AC on in over 9 days
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: spackard
Two traffic signals, next to 10 Freeway, out during yesterday's commute. Presumably a blown transformer, due to heat. Next several days (and looking at next week too) are hot.

It's weird seeing the 10-15 year old vehicles with no A/C. There's a lot of them. One Altima's driver was holding an icepack to his head with one hand, moderately aggressive lane changing to try to make progress in stopped freeway traffic. I figure, 105F, no A/C, black paint job, he got the model with no OEM window tinting even(!), then whatever, cut me off. My 25 year old car still has good R-12 ice-cold at idle A/C.

lol.gif
Same here in the central valley, seen quite a few newer cars with all the windows down and a lot of red faces, had the AC on my 83 Silverado reworked last year, kept the R12 and that thing blows out some serious cold air. 109 yesterday and 105 today, triple digit heat the rest of the week.

We haven't had a good summer in The IL for a few years. Summers lately are duds and it didn't even snow for almost three months last winter. It's just been a very vanilla, bland weather pattern since the winter of 2014.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
My God, what part?

My mom recently moved to northern Vermont from St. Louis (I grew up in VT, so she's returning home so-to-speak). I just checked the weather forecast, and the lows are in the mid-30's the next couple days. That'd be along the same latitude as upper-upstate New York, but I have to assume most of up-state New York is feeling it. No way in the world would I move back there, yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back