Nice day for an oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished changing the oil in my Ram although I had to brave some pretty harsh weather conditions to get it done. Typical winter day in South Florida. Lets see, it was partly cloudy, about 75 degrees with a nice light breeze to keep me cool. Changed the oil in the whole house generator a couple of days ago and had to face the same trying conditions. You could not get me to move back the northern tier at any price.

Last edited:
Hey I use that dog bone wrench on all my vehicles. Stopped trying to recall size of bolts and just drag it under the cars for oil changes. Also have that oil drain pan. We part ways on the filter wrench but mine is similar.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
....Lowers the blood pressure......

Generally speaking I do find changing oil and filter therapeutic. Don't know if lowers my BP but if it does, a good thing for me. However, since joining bitog doing it much less often to make full use of quality oils. Next one for me not till April, 1 year.

To the OP, seems you're now at a place or have found one for diy OC. I'd imagine it's more satisfying than taking oil and filter to the dealer. Looks like good diy set up including the Rhino ramps and dog bone wrench. Interesting oil brand and viscosity. In these parts only seen STP oil at AZ.

What's with the Shout stain remover? Some clean up tip I should know about?

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
....Lowers the blood pressure......

Generally speaking I do find changing oil and filter therapeutic. Don't know if lowers my BP but if it does, a good thing for me. However, since joining bitog doing it much less often to make full use of quality oils. Next one for me not till April, 1 year.

To the OP, seems you're now at a place or have found one for diy OC. I'd imagine it's more satisfying than taking oil and filter to the dealer. Looks like good diy set up including the Rhino ramps and dog bone wrench. Interesting oil brand and viscosity. In these parts only seen STP oil at AZ.

What's with the Shout stain remover? Some clean up tip I should know about?

The HOA leadership changed recently and although they still don't allow mechanical work, they let oc slide. The Sonata has a maintenance package, so i took the oil in an let them change it.

Used to hate crawling under the car only to discover I had the wrong wrench. Then I wrote down the wrench size for each vehicle on a wood shelving unit in my garage. That shelf has become a stroll down memory lane as a list of all the vehicles I‘ve owned.

SF

Used to hate crawling under the car only to discover I had the wrong wrench. Then I wrote down the wrench size for each vehicle on a wood shelving unit in my garage. That shelf has become a stroll down memory lane as a list of all the vehicles I‘ve owned. SF

When I get a new vehicle the first thing I do is prepare a maintenance chart. On the chart, I list the wrench sizes and fastener torques specs for routine maintenance tasks such as oil changes. At my age, I just do not have the energy to crawl under the vehicle any more than absolutely necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back