NFL --- AFC and NFC title games leading to the SUPER BOWL!!!!

It was a odd call to be sure...but they did reply on TV that there was the (apologize, because I don't know the position names of the refs) back judge(?) that came running in well before the ball was snapped whistling the play dead. I understand the frustration, especially given the crowd noise, but if even one player on either side had heard it, they were relaxed, and not expecting a play. It was visually confirmed a dead play before the snap, so while it was odd and unusual, it was not incorrect.
Thanks. Makes some level of sense. I probably missed that analysis right after the play.

While we’re on the subject….the Eagles Devonta Smiths one handed catch in the first quarter that setup the Eagles first touchdown looked good from the camera angle shown on TV, but after the Eagles scored two plays later another angle showed the ball clearly rolled out of Smiths hand and touched the ground and should have been ruled an incomplete pass. Cameras everywhere yet no one saw it until after the Eagles had scored. A bank of cameras in the control booth and no one saw it until after the Eagles had scored and converted the PAT…hmmm!

Yeah, that was a bit odd IMHO. I admit, being from IA, I was going for the 9'ers. as an ISU and Brock Purdy fan, but I was also a bit surprised that the quick reply didn't catch that.
I also find it interesting that the networks are choosing to play less and less replays...I remember growing up they would literally replay every single angle of every odd play for minutes on end to let us make our own decision. Now, oops...have to go to commercial, no time for replays.

Anyone remember that infamous 5th down game ???

College game mind you but that….. HAPPENED.

Nuts. Amazing the Missouri coaches and players didn’t catch that.

I understand the players maybe not being able to count to 5… Just kidding. Honestly.
But the coaches were to blame for that as much as anyone.

disagree...they made the exact same call during the NFC champ. game. Headed OB, two feet out, you can't push them.
That call was legit but not as blatant as the no call of roughing the passer when Frank Clark took two additional steps to shove Burrow down after he’d already thrown the ball.

Saves me time anyway. With two teams I don’t care about playing it looks like I have no plans for next Sunday evening 🤷‍♂️ I do like Jalen Hurts though. He seems like a young man with a good head on his shoulders and a bright future.

That call was legit but not as blatant as the no call of roughing the passer when Frank Clark took two additional steps to shove Burrow down after he’d already thrown the ball.

Saves me time anyway. With two teams I don’t care about playing it looks like I have no plans for next Sunday evening 🤷‍♂️ I do like Jalen Hurts though. He seems like a young man with a good head on his shoulders and a bright future.
That kind of stuff is making me lose interest in the NoFunLeague more each year.

That kind of stuff is making me lose interest in the NoFunLeague more each year.
Very reminiscent of the no call of roughing the passer on Jimmy G in the 49ers/Chiefs Super Bowl. That one would have given them a first down to most likely run out the clock.

I feel like the league fears not having a superstar(or face of the league so to say) and are trying to put Mahomes in that spot. I would never say the league is rigged but superstars get preferential calls. Peyton Manning always did. Brady got his fair share as well and that’s coming from a guy who’s favorite team is the Pats and two favorites are Gronk and Brady.

Very reminiscent of the no call of roughing the passer on Jimmy G in the 49ers/Chiefs Super Bowl. That one would have given them a first down to most likely run out the clock.

I feel like the league fears not having a superstar(or face of the league so to say) and are trying to put Mahomes in that spot. I would never say the league is rigged but superstars get preferential calls. Peyton Manning always did. Brady got his fair share as well and that’s coming from a guy who’s favorite team is the Pats and two favorites are Gronk and Brady.
Flags are a big part of the games, it just gets stinky when for a good part is no flags and then towards the ends some flags alter the outcome.

Last edited:
Back