What do you think about the AFC & NFC Championship Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
buster, I was rooting for the birds as a good friend is a fan from Philly. I just couldn't resist rattling your birdcage.

Sad as it is, I have been a Jets fan for many years. I just cannot take having a digital exam going through the turnstiles, so I did not attend a game for the first time since 1965. I still have my memories.
fruit.gif

I think the Philly Eagles need one or two additional good receivers. And their run defense could be better. They have come close three years in a row and they may make it to the Super Bowl next year. The team needs just a little work.

The Colts need a defense.

Actually, I don't think there is really all that much wrong with St. Louis. They probably could have won, if they had played two more offensive plays.

The Chiefs need a defense badly, or at least a different defensive setup.

I am not sure what the Broncos need.Their defense was actually fairly highly rated. They looked like they were asleep in that game. They need an addtional good receiver. And probably better cornerbacks.

OK, I'll admit that I thought that the Colts would win the AFC crown but before you Chowds get all tingly and excited in the swimsuit area, you've really got to examine the game correctly before preparing for the Super Bowl.

Yes I know everyone is high on Brady but his numbers were identical to Manning's. Manning had more attempts because he needed to pass to win but Brady didn't stand out. In fact, you could argue that Manning had more completions and yards just not to the right receivers!

Additionally, the Pats couldn't consistently punch it once inside the Red Zone. Between cracking lobster tails and deciding between Dean or Kerry, you guys need to sharpen up the game before Houston. Two points from a safety that the Colts purposely gave up, one TD and four FGs. I'd be a little bit concerned if you get to the Red Zone and have to settle for a FG.

The Pats defensive coordinator did an A+ job. He confused the Colt's, made Manning throw before he wanted too and thoroughly confused them. He'll make the Panthers think hard in planning their offense.

I'm afraid that the Super Bowl is shaping up to be an upset much like the way the Pats beat up on the Lambs a couple of years ago.

Sorry to mess up the fun but I think the cold is numbing some noggins'.
grin.gif
wink.gif

Flashlightboy,

You thought the Colts would win because you wanted them to win! The Patriots are a better team and that should have been evident to you. If it isn't then you have alot more football to learn!

As far as everyone being high on Brady, you are wrong there! Everyone was high on Manning and Mcnair the two NFL Co-MVP that the Patriots had to beat! Thats 4 wins there against what most consider the top teir teams including yourself. So if your team consistently beats the top teams 9-0 against them that in itself speaks volumes.

14 straight wins is the second longest winning streak in NFL history!

As far as stats go I could care less! The only stats I am intersted in is Wins and Losses! As you can see the Pretty Stats teams are sitting home watching the games! I will take my smash mouth, grind it out 16-2 team over any team!

Amkeer,

I'll chalk up the foaming at the mouth to the excessive amounts of mercury in the fish you chowds eat or to Ebola!

Yesterday your post was the longest on the subject and it was a stat lovers dream and today you're saying that the stats don't matter? I expect a certain amount of myopia when one talks about their favorite teams but utter blindness?

You are absolutely right when I said that I wanted the Colts to win but I've never been a Colt fan. That's because the Pats have already won it and I'd like to see someone else there. That's the same reason why I wanted the Panthers to win although I certainly agree that Pats-Eagles would be a better hyped game for the NFL and the advertisers. No question about it.

All I'm saying is that although the Pats were the winners, they didn't put on a great offensive show, Brady didn't outplay Manning, FGs can win games but a head coach has to be concerned about the lack of Red Zone offense.

If I'm the Panthers skipper I'd try to do to the Pats what they did to the Lambs - throw off the timing that Brady has by making him move around outside of the pocket by using blind side blitzes. Do with disguised DB blitzes and once you make him kiss plastic grass a few times, you'll be in his head that's when you've beat him. Hit him hard enough to make a snot bubble.

Swing passes to the outside won't result in many 1st downs against the Panthers with a quick LB assigned to cover the RB.

The key is throwing off the timing with stunted rushes and disguised attacks on Brady. If the Pats can contain them then they will probably win the game, though.

[ January 20, 2004, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: Flashlightboy ]

The stats were included for stat lovers like yourself! I for one never cared for stats, just wanted the wins. Some people need to be shown alot to be sold and some you will never sell!

As far as the Chowd remark, I live in St. Petersburg, Florida, no Chowd here! I was born and raised in Boston and spent 14 of my 36 years there before transplanting here. When I lived in Boston we had season ticket to Bruins and Patriots from 74-79. In Tampa/ St. Pete season tickets to the Lightning. We have the Buccaneers here but its not the same! I am not blinded by the Patriots! What the Pats have done is just flat out remarkeable! To disagree is either ignorance or jealousy. Show me a team in ALL NFL HISTORY that has done better than the Pats this season and I will show you one, the 1972 Dolphins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back