Newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just recently found this board and love it!

My question is I will be ordering some of the 131 Nuetra "just posted about it" and want to change my transaxle fluid to get a better than factory lubricant in there early so I see Shaeffers offers a Synthetic Blend # 267 80/90wt with Moly.

My owners manual says to use a API GL4 or GL5 in the same weight so is this #267 the right choice for my car? I also have a 1996 Mazda with a 5 speed I would like to use this in,the owners manual is not handy at the moment. Is it OK for that car as well ?

I checked the specs for you,you will be good for the go with both cars. Both will shift easier when cold and some type of better fuel milaege should be seen. How much? I only venture to guess "some". But should live a longer life as well,both trannies.I would use it in the differential of the Miata as well,is it a Torsen?

Yes, the 267 is an 80w90 moly based gear oil. This is a GL-5 and as long as your manual suggests GL-5 no problem.

As for the other car, look and make sure it is not recommending ATF or MOTOR OIL. Some cars during this time use these in place of gear oil. If it too states 80w90, then good to go.

This gear oil will reduce wear and lower friction because of the moly and this will in turn increase fuel economy and quite down gears. Especially if it is used in rear axle drive units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back