newb looking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by us1champ
what the [censored] are you talking about man. that was a statement.. not anything meant in direct context.. get with the program.

i am strickly trying to find out what is the best way to determine what.. if you have a smart comment please post it somewhere else.

Was my question unclear? I didn't think it was.

So if that statement wasn't in "direct context" or whatever you mean by that, why make it in the first place?

since i have to spell it out.. no i am not who ever the other person is.. good grief

thanks for the help from others i will learn and figure it out from here

Welcome to BITOG!

I've used Amsoil for years and currently running Driven. Both oils are excellent. Driven DT40 5w-40 would be a good oil for you. It has around 1200 ppm ZDDP, 2800 ppm Calcium detergent, and 400 ppm tri-nuclear moly. The base oil is PAO/ester with a 4.0+ cP HTHS, NOACK under 9%, and TBN around 10.0.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kschachn
Ahha yes, the "newbie" posting some brand is "junk" and ruined his engine.

There was another user (since banned) who posted a lot like you and also had difficulty using capital letters. You don't know him, do you? I think he had problems with the same brand if I recall correctly. What a coincidence.

Originally Posted by us1champ
so. what i have gathered here like most things is opinions vary.. some based on data.. some based on past experience.
i used quaker junk one time when i was younger and my small block blew threw 6 quarts after a change and rods knocked.. there for i will NEVER again use it lol.

what i would like to figure out without a huge pi$$ing match..

what would you guys say is the top 3-4 things you look for when getting oil

and how or why have you determined that?

i have been researching since i started this thread about oils you talk about. one that looks good is redline 5w40. is it over hyped who knows. but it has moly and zzdp in in good bad or otherwise and i would say the majority would say that both properties are good to have.

SO, what 3-4 things do you look for in a oil. let me know

thanks for all your time
chris
p.s. i have yet to figure out how to post pictures on this forum?

A bit unnecessary no?

Originally Posted by madeej11
Someone who uses the word "strickly "will never be on the same plane as kschachn.

Not sure if the correct word is spelled "plain" or "plane" here. Perhaps either one could be used in that sentence.... I dunno!

Any English professors here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back