New Volkswagen warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: marine65
If I'm going to go into debt again I want some style.

I think the GTI is nice, but fully optioned with Autobahn trim, you're looking at $35K. There are probably some other non-boring vehicles in this price range.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I was looking at a new Passat with the 1.8T (not a diesel guy) until I saw that motor has issues with main seal leaking. VW makes some nice cars but reliability seems low and part prices seem high.

I hope they fix that with the new 2.0 engine coming out for 2018.

I leased a 2017 Jetta S TSI also. Could have purchased it for just under $15,000 (automatic, all weather mats). Drives great, tons of low end torque and awesome MPG. 37 mpg with 70/30 highway/city driving mix. I think it has timeless style that won't look hideous in 5 years. Interior looks very BMW like. Materials are much better than a Camry I also own. Civic is like sitting on the ground and to my eye, way over styled. Looks like a different designer drew up the front, back and sides and they just threw it together. Corolla- uncomfortable driving position for anyone over 5'. The Jetta just feels much more substantial than any of the other smaller cars I looked at. At $15k it's an absolute steal.

Originally Posted By: mtndew_dad
I leased a 2017 Jetta S TSI also. Could have purchased it for just under $15,000 (automatic, all weather mats). Drives great, tons of low end torque and awesome MPG. 37 mpg with 70/30 highway/city driving mix. I think it has timeless style that won't look hideous in 5 years. Interior looks very BMW like. Materials are much better than a Camry I also own. Civic is like sitting on the ground and to my eye, way over styled. Looks like a different designer drew up the front, back and sides and they just threw it together. Corolla- uncomfortable driving position for anyone over 5'. The Jetta just feels much more substantial than any of the other smaller cars I looked at. At $15k it's an absolute steal.

Would this new warranty have swayed you to buy vs lease? I read too much about VW's falling apart after 60k and I see you leased.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

I think the GTI is nice, but fully optioned with Autobahn trim, you're looking at $35K. There are probably some other non-boring vehicles in this price range.

Respectfully, sir, no one is paying that much for any model Golf. See, e.g., golfmk7.com or vwvortex.com. Threads re prices paid on both. GTIs, Autobahns, etc. all are being routinely discounted at least $5k to anyone who can maintain a pulse. In fact, the discounts offered by the V-Dub dealers in No. VA are so steep -- $5k routinely -- that I'm surprised someone hasn't gone after VOA for dumping.

Originally Posted By: Hounds

Respectfully, sir, no one is paying that much for any model Golf. See, e.g., golfmk7.com or vwvortex.com. Threads re prices paid on both. GTIs, Autobahns, etc. all are being routinely discounted at least $5k to anyone who can maintain a pulse. In fact, the discounts offered by the V-Dub dealers in No. VA are so steep -- $5k routinely -- that I'm surprised someone hasn't gone after VOA for dumping.

No doubt. The price I gave was MSRP. Naturally, you can get most cars these days below MSRP.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
If VW would have a $16,000 - $20,000 Jetta Diesel they would make a killing.

It's a shame with all the diesel stuff going on. I drove a manual trans TDI Jetta a few years ago and it was a fun car to drive.

Yeah I drove a 2008ish TDI jetta manual and it was a lot of fun to drive. So much so I looked up the pricing at the time and was blown away what they were charging because you had to step up a bunch of trim levels to get the diesel.

I think they are really missing out on the eco market by not having a stripped version Jetta with a Diesel as an option.

Last edited:
I think they are really missing out on the eco market by not having a stripped version Jetta with a Diesel as an option.

Well, now that VW has completely pulled out of diesel engines in North America, you will not be able to get it in any version.
smile.gif

They are switching to electric.

Well, now that VW has completely pulled out of diesel engines in North America, you will not be able to get it in any version.
smile.gif

They are switching to electric.

Will they cheat on the emission's on the electric cars?

I only needed an extra vehicle for about 3 years, didn't need anything fancy and wanted to put as little cash down as possible, so leasing just worked out for me. I would say the longer warranty on any vehicle would sway my purchase decision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back