New tool thread

I've had the SKF80A saved as an ebay search for well over a year. Get hits almost every day. They tend to hover around $170 and I just can't ever bring myself to pull the trigger.

Someday I'll find the right balance of price and willingness to spend money, so I keep watching ;)
I no longer wrench professionally. I babysit equipment in a commercial building so I only get to see the inside of a Snap On truck when I have a day off and swing by my brother and Dad's shop. The Snap On guy loves me because it's always a one and done. I see something cool, pay cash for it and see him again in a couple of months and do it again. That's how I ended up with that ratchet. Had it over a year and I don't think I've actually used it on anything. It would have gotten regular use when I was wrenchin' on diesel gensets.

Reactions: D60
I no longer wrench professionally. I babysit equipment in a commercial building so I only get to see the inside of a Snap On truck when I have a day off and swing by my brother and Dad's shop. The Snap On guy loves me because it's always a one and done. I see something cool, pay cash for it and see him again in a couple of months and do it again. That's how I ended up with that ratchet. Had it over a year and I don't think I've actually used it on anything. It would have gotten regular use when I was wrenchin' on diesel gensets.
My SnapOn guy is nice but tracking him down is just too much work. I can't ask him to visit my shop because I wouldn't buy enough.

It's just sooooo much easier (and usually cheaper) to order what I need and have it arrive on my door step. I also handle warranty direct with SnapOn.com

Like all B&M, he's also falling victim to the internet-- at least for me -- but I don't feel bad about it. The times, they are a changin' and I gotta do what works best for me

I don't wish any tool truck ill will, but I'm not going to go out of my way to support them, either.

I've had the SKF80A saved as an ebay search for well over a year. Get hits almost every day. They tend to hover around $170 and I just can't ever bring myself to pull the trigger.

Someday I'll find the right balance of price and willingness to spend money, so I keep watching ;)
Way too much wood for me for what it is, the tool will never see the ft.lb the head can take, it is for only things in small places. For $40 this is more than good enough for my uses.

Way too much wood for me for what it is, the tool will never see the ft.lb the head can take, it is for only things in small places. For $40 this is more than good enough for my uses.

Oh I agree, although I'm after 1/2". I'd only ever likely use it on oil filter cups (many of which are inexplicably broached for 1/2" dr) and right now I use a super cheap import roto head, which works fine.

My Gerstner arrived a day early! I got the 2610 Journeyman. USA made. Natural Walnut, Nickel, and green felt. I don’t know whether to let it developed some honest wear in garage or leave it inside and look at it. Oh my, I’m happy. Wix filter for scale 😂. I’m going to wax the drawer edges, maybe make a thread later. Great day for me.

IMG_6299.jpeg
IMG_6301.jpeg

Oh I agree, although I'm after 1/2". I'd only ever likely use it on oil filter cups (many of which are inexplicably broached for 1/2" dr) and right now I use a super cheap import roto head, which works fine.
If it doesnt make it too long I use one of these.

Reactions: D60
When this came out I thought it was an overpriced gimmick.

Then I got one of my Milwaukee 3/8 electric ratchets wet, and it still works perfect, but if I leave the battery in, power off for more than about 10s, it won’t work. I then have to pull out the battery, reinsert, and it works fine again. Not so great when under a car on my back, working slow. But first world problems, I know…

The old style Milwaukee I bought has gone up like 70%. Meanwhile I also realized I need a long neck and a 1/4 drive ratchet. And summit had a coupon. So…

View attachment 213536View attachment 213537
I’m going to do the timing belt on our Odyssey, and I figured the savings pays for the new (toy) tool.
I'm really fond of mine. Let me know if you have any stalling with tighter fasteners.

I'm really fond of mine. Let me know if you have any stalling with tighter fasteners.
My regular older 3/8” M12 would stall but it held the socket so I could just loosen by hand like a manual ratchet. I assume this one is the same. Only higher torque rating iirc.

My Gerstner arrived a day early! I got the 2610 Journeyman. USA made. Natural Walnut, Nickel, and green felt. I don’t know whether to let it developed some honest wear in garage or leave it inside and look at it. Oh my, I’m happy. Wix filter for scale 😂. I’m going to wax the drawer edges, maybe make a thread later. Great day for me.

View attachment 216036View attachment 216037
Flexin'!
I wanted one 35 years ago when I started in tool and die but got a Kennedy instead. You have a heirloom there!

Cornwell master fuel injection kit. $250 on ebay. Was sold as used and smells of fuel but looks brand spankin' new, so presumably lightly used and well cared forView attachment 216245
I bought a MAC set that looks pretty much identical to that set earlier in the year. I've not used it yet but it looks like it will cover quite a few applications. I also have the MAC basic fuel injection kit which I did use recently on my 92 Cavalier fuel pump diagnosis.

Haul from Amazon.jp
JApan.jpg

Vessel long metric hex bits, long ball end hex bits and long Torx bits
Vessel mid length metric hex and Torx bits
Vessel micro precision bit set
Vessel bit extensions
Koken 21mm lug nut socket
IPS soft jaw pliers
FUJIYA needle nose pliers

A larger limb on an apricot tree at our Petaluma home ripped out during the last rain and wind storm. This isn't the 1st time. Came up, took a look, and went to HF and picked up a Portland 14" corded chain saw. $50 all in. I hate cheap tools. Dang thing cleaned up the mess in less than an hour. I should have picked up a small Makita cordless, but I just wanted to get it done.

Haul from Amazon.jp
View attachment 216325

Vessel long metric hex bits, long ball end hex bits and long Torx bits
Vessel mid length metric hex and Torx bits
Vessel micro precision bit set
Vessel bit extensions
Koken 21mm lug nut socket
IPS soft jaw pliers
FUJIYA needle nose pliers
Nice haul!! Curious - have you noticed that they took away the option to easily switch from USA Amazon to others?? I was on last night trying to find something Stahlwille and couldn’t easily get my app to switch to Amazon.de.

Back