Power tools ranked worst to best

LDB

I've been reading up on power tools and studying them a bit since getting into the tool threads here. I ran across this article today. I'm not sure how much new information it provided but it did reinforce some things and presented an interesting review and rankings. Not surprised with either worst or best.

Last edited:
Best to worst? with not a single negative mentioned for any of the brands?

Click on the link at the top (here) and what do you get?
However, Makita loses out to DeWalt and Milwaukee for one reason, and that's price.
So in one article it's the best, in the next it's the worst (with a caveat that it's the best, except for this one thing...).

The use of graphene anodes by CAT (whomever is the manufacturer licensing the CAT name) is interesting. The order is funky in terms of toughness/quality/etc. but it’s an interesting read.

The absolute first thing I look at in a power tool is if it fits my hand comfortably. I'm big on ergonomics. No point in owning a tool that you hate to hold in your hand. If it fits my hand, THEN I'll look into the how well it's made and its quality.

Gosh all those Tectronic brands high up the list!Milwauke is an innovative brand but better than Metabo [Hitachi],you've got to be joking.And Ryobi is a bottom dweller in the industry.If you want no nonsense tools that don't break buy Metabo or Makita.

I wonder if Kendra Bruning has ever actually used a single tool from any vendor in the article she wrote?

OP, find better sources for tool reviews vs this "tech savvy" paid site. While arguably a few of these top listed brands are true, the rest is junk data and shooting darts and they have no clue what they are talking about. Glancing at their review of the iPhone15 it says nothing about how the case itself is flimsy and easy to break, and the content of the article itself is full of frilly speak to convince someone to buy a product they already decided on. In other words, "paid by" the manufacturer.

The Cat appear to be cheap Chinese tools made by a company called Positec the same people that make Worx and Rockwell branded stuff, hardly high quality.

I figured that. Cat seems to license their name to some iffy stuff. The battery tech caught my eye though.

Cat doesn't honor their extended warranty so no wonder they put their name on junk. Wouldn't have anything Cat unless I was paid, very well, to have it.

If Consumer Reports is arbitrary (sorry but I'll never let this go--they said, "There is nothing sporty about the 2015 GTI." That was about as biased as a review could be.), this one is on another level! Good to see my 20V tools are #2! Shows what a savvy tech I am! :ROFLMAO:

I’ve had a cheap set of Cat branded seat covers from amazon in a previous truck. I’ve also got a pair of cheap China made Snap On tanto style knives with a safety glass breaker and a seat belt cutter from AutoZone.

I like to keep a glass breaker in the vehicles for emergency situations now. We once had a guy in a vehicle in front of us at a stoplight having a seizure. He hit the vehicle in front of him because of his condition and was obviously convulsing.

His door was locked and it took several attempts to get in before a guy finally knocked his window out with a tire tool. One fella probably broke his hand trying to punch it open and another guy broke a 2x4 on it. I was standing by our car since there were 4 kids in it and phoning the police but I didn’t have anything with me at the time that would have worked any better than their attempts.

When they got the door open my wife who is in healthcare and a police officer in an unmarked car who appeared out of nowhere got him out of the car and laid down on either a blanket or jacket the officer had so that he was no longer hitting his head on anything inside the vehicle. He became somewhat responsive, told them he was diabetic and hadn’t ate anything that day.

We were visiting friends in Nashville when that happened. It was nice to see so many people trying to help. Closer to home in St Louis they’d have broke his window out to steal the car, then checked his pockets for wallet or phone while he was convulsing on the ground. 🤷‍♂️

Back