New tool thread

IMG_8418.jpeg
IMG_8419.jpeg
Got this today. This morning as one of my birthday gifts from my parents. This is the only tool I got besides the scan tool last week but that’s ok because it’s very useful I know exactly what it can be used on too.

IMG_3957.jpeg

Just got this induction heater. We were trying to replace the oil pan on my son’s Ram and broke a bolt. Looks like the others may follow suit. Haven’t tried it yet but it looks cool.
Also bought an Icon creeper and Pittsburgh flex impact sockets but the heater was the only thing I took a picture of.

View attachment 215882
Just got this induction heater. We were trying to replace the oil pan on my son’s Ram and broke a bolt. Looks like the others may follow suit. Haven’t tried it yet but it looks cool.
Also bought an Icon creeper and Pittsburgh flex impact sockets but the heater was the only thing I took a picture of.
Please keep us updated!

View attachment 215882
I will be interested to see how it works. I always wanted to get one but never have.

View attachment 215882
That's the one I have. It seems to work fine (shrug). I have nothing to compare it to (double shrug)

I paid way too much in shipping from AU but was insistent on having these hose pliers for larger hoses. Specifically, I was wishing for them when working on heater hoses on an '08 Mountaineer/Explorer for the lines running to the rear.

New T&E on right compared to the Lisle et al (many copies available domestically and they're all the same size)
20240424_164006.jpg

New T&E on an old Dodge heater core tube
20240424_163938.jpg

Smaller Lisle on same tube for reference
20240424_163920.jpg

I have that exact same ratchet in !/2". It was silly expensive but I dig it.
I've had the SKF80A saved as an ebay search for well over a year. Get hits almost every day. They tend to hover around $170 and I just can't ever bring myself to pull the trigger.

Someday I'll find the right balance of price and willingness to spend money, so I keep watching ;)

I've had the SKF80A saved as an ebay search for well over a year. Get hits almost every day. They tend to hover around $170 and I just can't ever bring myself to pull the trigger.

Someday I'll find the right balance of price and willingness to spend money, so I keep watching ;)

That’s a nice one, wouldn't mind having one myself.

Got my $3.22 oil filter wrench.

And my favorite: the KTC relay pliers for the stupid Subaru rectangular relays. As I understand it this will reach in and disengage both lock clips and allow you to pull the relay all at once.

Trying to pull the fp relay under the dash of an '11 Forester recently was an I-need-three-hands affair so hopefully this reduces that in the future. Cheapest on amazon.jpView attachment 204064
Quoting myself, the Subaru relay pliers are SWEET. They drop right on, disengage both tabs, and allow you to just pull the relay with zero drama
20240423_085305.jpg

After many years of having my hand tool kit in a zip top Cornwell bag, I got sick of the bag and got one of those open top Hercules box/bags from HF. While transferring the tools from one to the other, I realized I have five Snap on Philips head screwdrivers and no flats. Can't even imagine how that happened. I thought of calling my brother and having him pick up a couple of screwdrivers from his Snap On guy on Monday but then I thought about Icon. I have some of that stuff and it's been good so far, so I bought a set of those. I have to say, the handles feel really good. Can't wait to put some hurt to one and see how it feels.
There are some good deals on preowned Snap-on screwdrivers on eBay

Back