New tool thread

I have the Knipex, Hazet and JOKARI brands of these and both the H&J work great, the Knipex kind of sucks, it is either not a clean cut or it cuts some strands, I don't use it.
My Knipex still works OK better than the two 90° strippers on small wires.

BUT it IS pretty delicate and can see in a year or three becoming a light paperweight.

I have yet to use this, and have no idea how well it will work, but I do know a C-clamp like I've used in the past won't jibe with an EPB motor hanging on the back of the caliper, and this was relatively cheap, so worth a try.

At first, I ordered the Lisle version of this tool, but decided to try this generic/ODM unit instead, since it seems to have beefier construction, a welded, not-crimped boss, and hex flats on the shaft to accomodate a wrench.

View attachment 210720
They work great. I usually give the handle a twist, allow the brake fluid to move, then twist again. Easy does it.
You really don't need much beef.

I've been thinking about getting one of these for quite a while, but couldn't justify the price of the big name brands for my simple needs. Basically to take on road trips, the occasional wheel removal and some light work. It'll save a lot of time and energy (and back!). Someone on here posted this deal and I looked into the brand and found, for what it is, it's a decent tool. I still have to get lug nut sockets (1st) and then the regular ones.

1711685247477.jpg

Wera Zyklop 8004, 1/4” drive , Quick release, 140mm long, made in Germany

My first Wera ratchet. Beautifully machined, satin finish, pawl moves easily, quick release button is firm and nearly flush.

The back drag is disappointing. Higher than Ko-ken. Given the price and reputation I was expecting a much lower back drag.

image.jpg

New Weed Whacker Day!!!! I'll call it a tool. Ditched the ~8 yr old Ryobi. It was only holding ~20% charge and the plastic was disintegrating. Splurged a bit with this one, but feel good about supporting the local Stihl Dealer / Grand Rental Station. Nice guys and gave me $30 off. Really happy about getting a 2T. This is way more solid than the Ryobi, ~2x the power and double sting head that can handle heavier .095" string.Man! I forgot how good a 2 stroke smells 🤘

Stihl WW Mar'24.jpg

Last edited:
Wera Zyklop 8004, 1/4” drive , Quick release, 140mm long, made in Germany

My first Wera ratchet. Beautifully machined, satin finish, pawl moves easily, quick release button is firm and nearly flush.

The back drag is disappointing. Higher than Ko-ken. Given the price and reputation I was expecting a much lower back drag.

View attachment 211064
Sometimes backdrag improves with use. Good luck!

What is that super long chrome socket used on?
It is needed for certain bumper covers, but for most people, the extra deep sockets are very useful for situations where you normally need an extension. I currently own the 10, but have the 8 and 12 coming.

1/4” Dr extensions tend to be fragile, so not having to use them has been beneficial.

IMG_8230.jpeg

Few Easter tools today lol. Surprised Napa was open today. Northern Tool was not which is right next door and would of been the only other place to have a 5/8 1/2 drive socket in 6 point which is what we need well we don’t need it but I don’t want to take out tight bolts with a 12 point. Surprised in my over 2,000 sockets I didn’t have a 1/2 drive 5/8 6 point socket. Plenty of 3/8 drive ones no 1/2. I had some 1/2 drive 16mm sockets too but again all 12 points. The 3/8 extension was simply a want I have plenty but use that particular length all the time so wanted another one.

I bought a dewalt 20v pole saw. I wish I would have bought one years ago. Will replace a chainsaw for 90% of my stuff. One of those tool where you look back and regret not spending the money before.
Too funny. I just ordered one, came here to post about the thing.

Since I'm 20V centric and although I love my 80V Greenworks chainsaw - that pupper is heavy on a ladder, plus with tight branches....cool.

Now I really can't wait!

Back