New Shop Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: userfriendly
Mobil discontinued their 1300 series mono-grades a few months ago. Maybe now they will package their 1600s in less than drum for the masses.

Did they? Sheesh. Despite my commentary on monogrades, you'd think they'd still move some decent amount of the 1300 stuff in 5 gallon pails.

I have never seen a Mobil monograde down here. The only HDEO monograde offerings I ever see are Delo and Rotella. I don't think I've ever seen Mobil special PCMO in a monograde, although I know they make it.

I can't even think what it would have been like for offerings in the Esso days. My dad didn't use monogrades, really. He did have some Rotella SAE 30 hanging around, since his brother had a Shell station. But, the other stuff was from Imperial Oil, and he didn't bother with PCMOs from them, just hydraulic oil and HDEO.

Up here, one can occasionally see Castrol and Pennzoil monogrades on the shelf, off the top of my head. The way Castrol markets up here, if they sell a product, you'll find it on a shelf somewhere and fairly easily, at that.

Castrol may truly have the most aggressive product campaign of any of the majors. It works, as GTX oil change specials run $23 for five quarts and a filter, whereas Edge is only fix of six dollars more.

People buy the heck out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back