New Motorcraft filter for 5.2L w/ Loctite - $30??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy was telling me about the Motorcraft FL2069ST filter for the new GT350 'Stang. It looks just like any other Motorcraft filter, but it's got an odd 20mm thread and has thread locker on the threads. Sucker is $30!!!

I'm assuming Ford was having issues with filters on the shake-rattle-&-roll of their new 5.2L with the flat plane crank (?). Seems pretty silly! =/

Isn't Puro-tater making the Motorcrafts?

36.gif

The $10 K&N that you can safety-wire is so K-mart.

Since some threadlockers use heat to release, I wonder how someone would get in there to apply it.

Hummm ... does the flat plane 5.2L actually vibrate more than a their 5.0L Coyote?

Well, a Focus ST is like a Focus but more expensive.

I guess a FL2069ST is like an oil filter but more expensive?

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Anyone else notice the torque spec on the lugnuts? 150 ft-lb +/-15 and it is a M14x1.5 thread.

All of the 2015+ Mustang models have that lug nut torque spec now, not just the GT350.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Anyone else notice the torque spec on the lugnuts? 150 ft-lb +/-15 and it is a M14x1.5 thread.

All of the 2015+ Mustang models have that lug nut torque spec now, not just the GT350.

That is crazy tight to me on a car. Both my '95 and my '14 are 100ft-lb. Scary thing is they use those new 2 piece lug nuts that rust and bulge and don't fit in a regular socket. Mine were swapped out of r1 piece McGards real fast and are now serving as heat spacers for my cable boxes.

Wow that's about twice the torque on most Japanese cars' wheels
crazy2.gif

It's a moot point anyway, since tire shops gun it to 500 lb-ft anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back