New Mobil 1 Truck & SUV Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Miller88
In the early/mid 00s I remember there was truck/van/suv oil. It didn't seem to last long

That's because cars flooded the vehicle segment. Today trucks and SUVs are what's being sold mostly in this country.

Great timing for a re-introduction Mobil-Exxon. Kudos for getting a head-start on a campaign that's going to bring-out the rest of the oil bottle producers - with their own Truck & SUV oil once again.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
What ever happened to the days of just Mobil 1

Yeah this is really dumb. Mobil 1 used to just have one tier. The industry started moving to multiple tiers and they followed. This is just ridiculous though. 10%?

I've always valued XOM's marketing approach, which has historically been very professional. This is just lame.

Not lame Buster. Better to be the first one..... all over again. First one usually lasts the longest in appearance on store shelves, prior to Truck & SUV Oil discontinuation (across the board)..... all over again someday....lol.

Originally Posted by Gokhan

M1 TDT is an HDEO, not PCMO. It uses an entirely different, CK-4 additive package tailored for 18-wheelers, not for gas trucks, but it's dual-rated for SN; so, it can be used in most gas engines.

They had M1 T&S API SM but it was discontinued in 2010 when SN came. M1 T&S was reintroduced two days ago with SN PLUS.

I did my little analysis of it above. Someone also mentioned in the past that the extra 10% could be extra boron.

Still to this day XOM states it meets or exceeds API SN.

https://www.mobil.com/english-us/passenger-vehicle-lube/pds/glxxmobil-1-turbo-diesel-truck-5w40

If I had a decent data connection I would be happy to show you last decade marketing on how TDT superior for gas SUV and pickups because of thier increased load and hauling compared to other oils.

You are great at theory and proablity you should stay with this not at attempting to point out when I post false information because once again I'm right on a trivial matter.

Originally Posted by GMBoy
So to be technical, LOL!, this oil doesn't carry the FCA spec nor the GM Dexos specs so it technically cannot be used in Dodge. Jeep and GM trucks and SUV's. They should rename it "Ford and Import Truck/SUV oil" lol

It does not meet F150 specs.

They're silly.
43.gif

Playing label tricks.

Originally Posted by Red91
AutoZone clearance 2019-2020 will be the clearance of TRUCK OIL!!!!!!!!YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

That's about how long I think it will last there.

Sooooo the M1 EP I've been using to date in my F150 doesn't know it's in a truck?? To think of the potential damage to my engine!

one thing i noticed as gas in NE Pa is getting cheaper aka $2.45 for 87 in some stations the typical "synthetic" oils at wallys are up to $30 from $25 for a 5 qt container. they get us one way or another!!!!

Originally Posted by benjy
one thing i noticed as gas in NE Pa is getting cheaper aka $2.45 for 87 in some stations the typical "synthetic" oils at wallys are up to $30 from $25 for a 5 qt container. they get us one way or another!!!!

I just bought @ few 5 liter bottles of Mobil 1 for less than 20 buckets each in Walmart .com a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe cuz its a little thicker, it can't be dexos ... i wouldn't worry about that!

Originally Posted by Slick17601
I'm holding out for Mobil "2"

Maybe it'll be Mobil 0.5 or Mobil 0. They already have a 5000.

"Knowing that nearly half of vehicles on the road today are trucks and SUVs, introducing Mobil 1 Truck & SUV synthetic motor oil was the perfect add to our ‘classic' family line."

Originally Posted by PimTac
I have never understood the idea behind so many product lines. Look what that did to GM.

How many decades was GM successful with Olds, Pontiac and Buick? Plenty.

Triple_Se7en has it correct IMO. Get out front of an increasing SUV market. If it catches on great..If not...what are they out?

Guesses on what price it will be sold at compared to M1?

M1 Press Release

Originally Posted by BISCUT
Sooooo the M1 EP I've been using to date in my F150 doesn't know it's in a truck?? To think of the potential damage to my engine!

You better use 15W40 HDEO to make it feel better.

It's quite apparent I've always been a Mobil 1 user and have generally supported their marketing efforts, but this is just DUMB.

Originally Posted by buster
It's quite apparent I've always been a Mobil 1 user and have generally supported their marketing efforts, but this is just DUMB.

You are consistent....LOL

Re: Mobil 1 Truck & SUV 5W-30 [Re: Ben99GT] #1714451 12/21/09 02:24 AM
buster Offline
NJ
Good question, I'm not sure. It's disappointing Mobil started making such ridiculous oils like the "SUV oil" LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back