New Mobil 1 Truck & SUV Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marketing. But then one might say, regular Mobil 1, AFE, EP, and AP wasn't good enough for hard working trucks and SUV gasoline engines. Then you'd have to
27.gif
from the XOM police on the board.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by OilUzer
I think xom is also joining the thickie club
lol.gif

I held off on mentioning that. LOL

Originally Posted by wemay
Originally Posted by MolaKule
Originally Posted by IndyFan
Didn't they have a truck and suv oil at some point in the past? This looks like round 2 of this kind of marketing.

Yes they did and it has been around for years.

Are you referring to M1 Turbo Diesel Truck? If so, this version is for gas engine.

TDT was also marketed for gasoline engines. It was for the truck and suv crowd because other wimpy oils is for cars.

Didn't they have a truck and suv oil at some point in the past? This looks like round 2 of this kind of marketing.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by wemay

Are you referring to M1 Turbo Diesel Truck? If so, this version is for gas engine.

TDT was also marketed for gasoline engines. It was for the truck and suv crowd because other wimpy oils is for cars.

M1 TDT is an HDEO, not PCMO. It uses an entirely different, CK-4 additive package tailored for 18-wheelers, not for gas trucks, but it's dual-rated for SN; so, it can be used in most gas engines.

They had M1 T&S API SM but it was discontinued in 2010 when SN came. M1 T&S was reintroduced two days ago with SN PLUS.

I did my little analysis of it above. Someone also mentioned in the past that the extra 10% could be extra boron.

They don't even have it listed on their product spec list yet and furthermore it does not carry the Dodge/RAM/Jeep models' certification.

Marketing hype as mentioned several times above.

Originally Posted by GMBoy
They don't even have it listed on their product spec list yet and furthermore it does not carry the Dodge/RAM/Jeep models' certification.

None of EOMs oils carry FCA ms6395, because according to an EOM rep with whom I spoke, FCA won't let them have it on a Mobil 1 product due to their relationship with Sopus. (Ferrari and F1 is the heart of it.). They do have it on their Super synthetic oil, because it isn't a premium product.

Not sure, but I know they dropped ms6395 on M1 right when Fiat took over Chrysler.

Last edited:
They are gearing up for the new line of Ford and GM trucks and SUV's since they are limiting their car production. Marketing...

Originally Posted by Slick17601
I'm holding out for Mobil "2"

Thats when i drain the hardly used oil out of my STI and dump it into my Civic Si lol, call it Mobil Dos

I wonder if this product will be as big a hit as AP was, lol. And if/when it will be at closeout prices.

All kidding aside, I'd use this before AP.

Been down this road before with T&SUV. WM closed out this slow seller long, long ago.
What's old is new again.
"Mobil 1 Truck & SUV oils provide outstanding performance under all operating conditions, and have been tested and proven in the 5,000-pound towing test. "
How did they get that bottle of oil to tow 5000 pounds? That extra 10% of reverse osmosis cleaned, and mineral added for taste unicorn tears must be some pretty powerful wampum.
I do think it's cute they consider 5000 pounds "towing". Shoot that's really just pulling, or moving.
My baloney meter is pegged.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by 4WD

Way back in time … I only recall it in 5w30 … we will see what they mean by extra add pack but VI pretty good …

I recall it being a 5W40 and it being a watered down Delvac-1.
When it was CI-4, it WAS Delvac 1, but successive generations have been getting weaker, there was a Truck & SUV for a while that wasn't diesel rated. This oil isn't showing Dexos1 Gen 2 or any modern specs other than SN+, what makes it better than a Dexos approved synthetic?

Originally Posted by GMBoy

None of EOMs oils carry FCA ms6395, because according to an EOM rep with whom I spoke, FCA won't let them have it on a Mobil 1 product due to their relationship with Sopus. (Ferrari and F1 is the heart of it.). They do have it on their Super synthetic oil, because it isn't a premium product.

Not sure, but I know they dropped ms6395 on M1 right when Fiat took over Chrysler.

That sounds about right. I know the oils are good enough for the spec even though not listed so I run Mobil 1 0W/30 AFE in my Hemi RAM and 3.6L Grand Cherokee.

So to be technical, LOL!, this oil doesn't carry the FCA spec nor the GM Dexos specs so it technically cannot be used in Dodge. Jeep and GM trucks and SUV's. They should rename it "Ford and Import Truck/SUV oil" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back