New mobil 1 0w40 viscosity

Yeah, i am trying to find but saw increased pour point so it is updated. But again, XOM lists less info now then ever before.
Probably because they realized that SDS/PDS warriors were buying other products due to mostly irrelevant data when compared to their competitors, and so they stick to the simple “it meets the spec, use it”. Just a guess, not saying it’s right or wrong methods. But seems to be logical. Why advertise you’re worse than the competition when your oil has the required certs and performs as expected?

Probably because they realized that SDS/PDS warriors were buying other products due to mostly irrelevant data when compared to their competitors, and so they stick to the simple “it meets the spec, use it”. Just a guess, not saying it’s right or wrong methods. But seems to be logical. Why advertise you’re worse than the competition when your oil has the required certs and performs as expected?
That’s possible. I think now though people just buy oils based on Project Farm tests lol.

If I had more free time and money I would set up a BMW S85 V10 testbed and do oil comparisons through a test cycle in the engine with fresh rod bearings each time and compare after test.

The point of approval is that, but then, Motul lists a lot and explains approvals in simple terms. So, same theory would be: they are hiding something, there is competition.

That’s possible. I think now though people just buy oils based on Project Farm tests lol.

If I had more free time and money I would set up a BMW S85 V10 testbed and do oil comparisons through a test cycle in the engine with fresh rod bearings each time and compare after test.
Aint that the truth!! Ive seen multiple amsoil users on the facebook ram pages switch to PUP because of project farm

Went into WM today with the intention to pick up some M1 0w40. Euro Castrol 5w40 was on sale for $3 cheaper a jug. I left with my usual Castrol. I can't decide if I'm indecisive, cheap, or both. 🤣
Was it really a sale, or just the normal $22.97 for Castrol Euro 5w-40?

I think that's probably the case. They also removed VI and HT/HS on some products around the time Gokhan posted his BOQI.

Back