New mid-sized sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: t1snwrbrdr12
Does anyone know if dealers can do better than “Costco” and credit union buying service pricing?

I know an ex salesman who says they hated Costco deals bc they made no money on them. I just find it hard to believe that simply going through Costco or a credit union is the best deal, just due to the fact it’s so easy. Ever car purchase I’ve made has been a pain and now that I have kids time is at a premium, I don’t want to be shopping and haggling for hours or half the day or more (at least after I’ve decided what I want)

I was looking at a truck at a local dealer online yesterday. This dealer doesn't negotiate price - they are known to list a fair price and that is what you pay. At the bottom of the page, they said to ask about other discounts not listed (they listed their dealer discount off MSRP, and a few other factory rebates), and one of them was Costco. So, just based off of that, I'm guessing that you won't do better than Costco pricing. It also makes me wonder if there may be a difference in Costco pricing between dealers that has to do with how much of a dealer discount they take off MSRP.

Get a 6 speed manual Accord Sport. Looks good, plenty of pep, and gets great gas mileage.

If I was looking for a mid-size FWD sedan I'd be deciding between the Accord Sport 2.0 or the upcoming Mazda6 with the turbo 2.5; I already have one "momentum car", so I prefer something that is at least borderline quick for its class.

Look at '17 Fusion 2.5s online for pricing and availability.
These are nice cars to drive. I've put some miles on the three we have in the fleet at work and they are quite pleasant and economical.
They can also be had quite cheaply.
One of these might just be your best buy in a mid-size sedan.

I drove a Camry le and se today and tried to buy an se just to test the waters. They were super slow and had no sales on the board so even though it’s not end of the month I figured there may be a chance they’d deal a little.

All they’d come off is about $300 off their “internet” price. My Costco price and credit were no haggle prices within 100 or so of their internet price that anybody could get by clicking give me the best price online.

The Camry didn’t overly impress me but for a family sedan itd have been fine. What I was surprised by was shift quality. In parking lots it really wanted to upshift fast downshift very soon after. I was just putting around the lot because it was the sales lot, never know who’ll be flying around a corner or out of a spot. It just didn’t know where to be and was kind of weird.

Over all a nice car though but I’m not super disappointed that I couldn’t steal it. I’ll just have to wheel and deal more and test drive a 6 now.

I really like the Mazda 6. Not sure why you don't see more of them. If I were in the market for a midsize, the Mazda 6 would be at the top of the list.

Is a Mazda 6 rear brake job able to be done at home? I saw a picture of an electric park brake button. If it has the electric brake as part of the rear calipers I was wondering if that makes it impossible to do at home without a scanner to retract or collapse the caliper.

I had a 2003 Civic Hybrid with a CVT. The transmission was replaced at 60000 km and although I was able to get 300000 km out of the car, I had to replace all of the CVT fluid yearly or else it would have issues. I would not buy another CVT Honda.

Is a Mazda 6 rear brake job able to be done at home? I saw a picture of an electric park brake button. If it has the electric brake as part of the rear calipers I was wondering if that makes it impossible to do at home without a scanner to retract or collapse the caliper.

Good point, I had not thought of that.

All they’d come off is about $300 off their “internet” price. My Costco price and credit were no haggle prices within 100 or so of their internet price that anybody could get by clicking give me the best price online.

Try going in not only at the end of the month, but the end of the first quarter. Which would be end of March. Probably around the 26th or so.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Didn't Mazda have problems with their SkyActiv DI engines and very dirty valves ?

No, they didn't.

BC.

Is a Mazda 6 rear brake job able to be done at home? I saw a picture of an electric park brake button.
If it has the electric brake as part of the rear calipers I was wondering if that makes it impossible to do at home without a scanner to retract or collapse the caliper.

You can do the rear brakes the same way any car with a screw in rear caliper piston.
You just don't set the parking brake when you plan on servicing the rear brakes.

BC.

Originally Posted By: klt1986
I really like the Mazda 6. Not sure why you don't see more of them. If I were in the market for a midsize, the Mazda 6 would be at the top of the list.

Lack of Mazda dealers across the US.
Here in Denver market, there are a lot of Mazda dealers, and Mazdas are more common here than just about anywhere else in the US that I have ever lived.

BC.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

Lack of Mazda dealers across the US.
Here in Denver market, there are a lot of Mazda dealers, and Mazdas are more common here than just about anywhere else in the US that I have ever lived.

BC.

You are probably correct. I have known a few people that have had different Mazda's over the years and they were always happy with them. The current Mazda 6 looks like a very good midsize that should be on par with the Accord and Camry.

We test drove a Mazda 6 when we went shopping in 2014/2015. The front seat is not as comfortable to my wife because it is too "concaved". So we crossed that out of our list.

mazda6 or honda accord, vote here

Mazda6 is doing a face lift for 2018 model year again so that will get your a good bargain for 2017.5 models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back