Considering replacement vehicle. Help.

Looking to replace my 2012 Accord EX-L 2.4 in the next two years. Considering new Camry, Accord or possibly Jetta.

Upon reading up on the 1.5 in the Accord it appears they have head gasket issues. I’m looking at buying new and they Accord just has a redesign. Wondering if Honda worked those issues out.

Camry seems like a solid choice but I really don’t know much about them. I’ve been in the Honda / VW crowd for years. Any input would be appreciated.

Jetta has the new 1.5 which concerns me being a new engine (at least in the US). Car would be smaller than a mid size which is a concern as well. I suppose it depends on what kind of a deal could be had.

Any input appreciated!

I'd lean towards the Camry with the 2.5L or the Accord with the 2.0.

There are quite a few that have gone well over 100k on the Honda 1.5T's with no problems. Not all of them have the HG issue but it would be more of a risk compared to the NA 2.0 or Toyota 2.5L.

There are some tech details on the VW 1.5 on motor reviewer. While it's alot like the 1.4, it's a fun read.
Can't go wrong with a Camry - albeit mine was a 2001 and very boring.

The 1.5 in the Jetta isn’t new AFAIK just a bigger 1.4.

Jetta would be my choice…. Toyotas are junk… can’t make a piston ring to save their life…
It's one particular engine though, the 2AZ.

Just like VW had oil consumption issues with the oil ring on the 2.slow, also no longer used by VW, so does that mean all VW engines are bad taking your viewpoint as the standard?

The 23 Accord looks interesting. The Mazda3 is worth a look. You know pretty much know what you’re getting with a Jetta, there are some differences with the 1.5 but IIRC it has been in service in Europe before introduced here. Higher pressure fuel rails on it or something along those lines.

That 2012 Accord with 75k miles would last another 10 years no problem.
I know the paint will be coming off in chunks sooner or later. I’d prefer not to drive in something like that. Love love love the car. Wish I had got a different color to begin with. Also no one will give me any reasonable offer on a trade with paint flaking off.

I know the paint will be coming off in chunks sooner or later. I’d prefer not to drive in something like that. Love love love the car. Wish I had got a different color to begin with. Also no one will give me any reasonable offer on a trade with paint flaking off.
You love the car and the paint is not coming off in sheets. Not in love with the color though and at some point in the future the paint may begin to flake off?

When the first chip on the hood has you up all night, thats when you should just go all in with a new paint job and custom touches:

53A0392D-14E4-4660-9C2B-738E93657DA1.jpeg

how much you want for the accord? location?

i had a 19 with the 2.0 it was an awesome car.

Back