New member of the Family :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations !!
Your baby looks healthy and happy, a big blessing.

Remember when she sleeps, one of you two should try and catch some sleep as well, the other can catch up on the washing or something. We found reacting to windows of opportunity worked better than having a master plan with only two out of three people agreeing to the plan. Turns out a baby has power of veto over parental plans.

I have to agree with pbm about the elected, Gov anyway.
MN metro is not very young family housing friendly unless move way out. Decent amount of medical field jobs through out the state. Fargo has 4 testing facilities. The ACA has got the hospital growth on steroids. New Sanford medical hospital in our county and in Fargo this summer.

Best of wishes on the adventure of parenthood with the cute little girl.

Looks really alert and aware for a newborn.
Yes, that is a grin on her face.
Still recall the birth of our two, although that was years ago.
Also cherished seeing our first grandson lying skin to skin on his mother on the day of his birth.
My best wishes.
This will be a defiant child. You can see it in her face.
They grow up fast. Treasure every stage of her development. In just a year and some months, she'll be up and walking.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
...Here's an investment that pays back over and over.... a suction bulb. One of those reddish brown things they use to suck the gunk out when the baby is born. WalMart only sells "fakes" made of weak rubber type material. I got desperate and bought one right from the hospital late one night (before Amazon.com days). When the child gets snotty as an infant you can suck their nose out and they sleep/breathe so much better. No joking....

YES! Also make sure you get the hospital BLUE/GREEN grade (a bit bigger bulbs and better material). Always squeeze on the middle "Button"
Also, they make a couple of thinga-ma-jigs where you are the suction (don't worry, snot gets on a different path)
or vacuum attachments (don't worry, they are restricted heavily, you're not going to suck her brains out).

Not now, but any bottle nipple/sippy cup, clean/disinfect and check for mildew/mold at least every couple days.

Don't leave the baby not even for 2 second alone on a high place (changing table/bed/coach) or not secured in the stroller/basket. Those babies make Houdini's escapes look like kindergarten.

I got a compliment from the hospital nurse with my youngest at her first bath: I took over from the nurse, new diaper, all dressed-up. She told me her husband after 3 kids still could not do that...

A single baby is fun. We had one and 3 yrs later we had twins. I was working 2nd shift. I would get home about 1 AM. Put on the formula, load up 2 bottles, change their dipes. and get them back to sleep in about 45 minutes. It was pre-emptive strike and the twins adapted readily to it.

Originally Posted By: bioburner
I have to agree with pbm about the elected, Gov anyway.
MN metro is not very young family housing friendly unless move way out. Decent amount of medical field jobs through out the state. Fargo has 4 testing facilities. The ACA has got the hospital growth on steroids. New Sanford medical hospital in our county and in Fargo this summer.

Best of wishes on the adventure of parenthood with the cute little girl.

First congrats to poster cute baby.

Out of all places to being up country dividing banter a baby thread.

Establish good diet
Show her things and use words to describe them.
REMEMBER: Language is to the mind what light is to the eye.

Have her teeth coated with that stuff (been around 25 years so it's not that new) which TOTALLY prevents cavities by sealing the surface.
My friend's kids had it done. He had to ramp up the effort and actually educate the local dental people.
Same friends got their first grandchild on Aug. 30th, 2015.

Don't allow chewing gum. Makes anyone look like a dopey cow.

Turn the d@&m TV off and demonstrate what reading and practicing a musical instrument looks like.

I'm right up to the limit here so I'll say, gorgeous, alert looking kid.

Congrats on the beautiful baby!! Being a parent is such a joy and fulfilling. The hardest part for me is trying to correct and discipline our little one. Makes me sad but it's necessary.

congrats!! kids are awesome, good lookin kid, nice round head.
mom n dad you must listen to the song Time by Pink floyd... please heed it's words.

That said mom sleep when the baby does, that is the single best advise i can give. and rais your kid your way. don't let to many people tell you how or what you should do.

kinda ironic as i say what to do.

enjoy the road and adventure ahead.

Thank you everyone for the kind comments, I really appreciate it. My wife and I are very family oriented and don't intend on raising our kids with electronics all around. I see everyday how dependent kids are on technology and Id just rather not have that for ourselves. Book reading and playing in the park is always fun.

We were lucky enough to be able to take one of the suction bulbs home from the hospital. The nurse was a good friend of our good friend and she set us up pretty well and were able to take home quite a few things.

Originally Posted By: TheKracken
We were lucky enough to be able to take one of the suction bulbs home from the hospital.

clean that thing troughly once a week. they like to grow black mold/goo inside. (snot + humidity, that is)

welcome2.gif

Little one!

Families are awesome !

Congratulations! Treasure these times; it might not seem like it right now, but the years just fly by. Our son was born almost 23 years ago, and in many ways it seems like yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back