New Full Synthetic Oil from Dollar General

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you use this oil if it didn't cost almost as much as Mobil Super Synthetic?

Screenshot_20190318-162511_Gallery.jpg

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
Originally Posted by user52165
What size?

1 quart-$5.35

One more reminder, that Dollar General is NOT a Dollar Store, and not everything there is a bargain. They seem to thrive in poor and touristy areas- in other words, places where people often have no other choice.

Originally Posted by HangFire
... One more reminder, that Dollar General is NOT a Dollar Store, and not everything there is a bargain. They seem to thrive in poor and touristy areas- in other words, places where people often have no other choice.
In particular, they thrive in places where there is no nearby WalMart, including some that aren't poor.

I've seen an identical item priced at $1 at Dollar Tree, $3 at Dollar General, and $7 at WalMart.

I stop in Dollar Tree once every couple weeks, its right next door to my gym, and pick up small items.

I noticed that everything is about half the normal size, and rarely a deal. I believe they have pints of motor oil.

Actually the DGs near me have regular quart size oil containers. Valvoline, Castrol, Peak, Mobil Super Synthetic, and their own DG oil which are API SN approved. And when on sale those prices are equal to or fairly close the same equivalent price as Wally World.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Actually the DGs near me have regular quart size oil containers. Valvoline, Castrol, Peak, Mobil Super Synthetic, and their own DG oil which are API SN approved. And when on sale those prices are equal to or fairly close the same equivalent price as Wally World.

No one suggested DG has smaller sizes-- that would be Dollar Tree where most items are actually $1. The container sizes are often smaller to keep the price low.

DG has had their own brand motor oil for quite some time, but this is the first I've seen of the synthetic. I seem to remember the conventional stuff having WPP or WNE on the bottom of the container, I'd be willing to be the synthetic stuff is the same.

Dollar General will be a Retail force to be reckoned with! Their aggressive plan of "everywhere is 15 minutes away from a DG" is going to help. The convenience is there. I never shop at DG, but now the convenience factor, I've done more business with them. Their stores are on my travel routes more often and you always forget something.

Now if they can get into the fuel market, with gas islands at their stores, they are going to take even more business away, then they might start selling pizzas like Casey General Stores, etc. Used to be DG was one store, in every town with other stores, now they are more rural, they will have opportunity to grow into other markets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back