New Fram Ultra XG6607 with Wires

I believe it has been posted here the XG16 and 8A remain wire backed, likely due to the depth of the pleats. I haven’t been able to confirm as Ultra boxes are sealed.

There may be other sizes that did not transition as well, an extremely small filter would seem a likely candidate.

At any rate, if true, First Brands has inadvertently verified the new Ultra is inferior to the original. Which is consistent with what has been seen in C&P here.
Here's two more to the list that are still wire backed Ultra's. My part number is not a small filter it's a regular/medium sized cartridge. I'm leaning more to the idea Fram has plenty of supplies of these filters or are low sellers so not worth the switch. 🤷‍♂️

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/filter-media-with-steel-wire-backing.377338/#post-6730400

I would suspect that possibly the highest volume stuff has been transitioned to have the filter element itself made on a new production line, or possibly even different manufacturing location, and they haven't moved all sku's - or possibly during the depths of the supply chain issues they contracted with someone for a ton of media to be delivered in the future, so there using it up this way. I can't fathom any modern manufacturer having a years worth of material sitting in a warehouse somewhere. Their accountants would light their hair on fire and jump out a window.

Back