new bathtub-whirlpool or jet air?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ceiling leak has turned into new bathroom! Am considering either a whirlpool or jet air bathtub. Any opinions, advice, suggestions needed. Thanks in advance.

We have a corner whirlpool tub in the master bath and really enjoy it. It's a great way to relax.

Just don't make the mistake of letting anyone put bubble bath in it.

We just bought an air bath from MTI in Georgia that offers a lifetime warranty on pretty much everything. It was ~ $2500. We needed one to fit in a bay window of our master bath. It is a 2-seater Serenity 2 in the Designer Series. We added the acrylic grab bar & textured bottom. It comes with an air heater to keep the water at 104°F. The maximum capcity is 127 gallons but normal water usage is 54 gallons.

Bubble bath and bath salts can be used in
air baths and whirlpools. There is no good solution for using body oils in whirlpools or with the inline pump. This is why we went with the air bath so oils can be used if desired.

Try to find a really big showroom around and sit in a few. Logical control placement should be a high priority.

I went with an air tub by Bain Ultra 6 months ago. It can handle bubbles unlike jetted tubs. No cleaning issues either. It runs an air cycle after you drain the tub to dry out the air vents. This keeps any mold/mildew from growing. No complaints yet but my wife uses it more than me. It was around $1500. 6'x3' with heated backrest.

We have a Pearl whirlpool that we enjoy very much. I only wish it had an inline heater to maintain the temperature. I think some model offer this as an accessory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back