New AT tires from Nokian

Kinda remind me of the Hankook Dynapro ATM

hankook-dynapro-atm-rf10.png

I like the APTs. Any ATs with any "chunky rubber blocks" are prone to noise-IMHO.

Glad Nokian is pushing harder into the US market, the One is on my shortlist for springtime on the Taos, along with a couple Vredesteins.

Yup. Another mild AT... but H-rated, 3PMSF-rated, non-directional, and with Aramid sidewalls. I am very interested, even if you aren't.
That's mainly the APT.

the AT, P-metric are mostly T-rated, with some S and H rated. LT's are S-rated with some R-rated, and in addition to the Aramid sidewalls, have Aramid reinforcement under the tread blocks

Aren't most trucks suited to a "mild AT?"

I don't see how more options are a negative.

No, I don't think it's necessarily a negative either, but it just doesn't stick out as anything special to me. Having more options is always good, but as @tyman mentioned, it looks like a Hankook and a bunch of other brands that have similar tread. Nothing against Nokian either, as I have Nokian snows on my son's car and they've been good. These just look run of the mill for an AT.

I like the mild AT tires on my homedepot/small trailer drager.
I had nokian rotivas on my 08 gmc 1500
I dont go off road
They were great.
Good price
Decent wear
Low noise
3 peak mountain rated so a psuedo snow tire in the eye of johnny law. I never pushed the snow rating but it was nice incase of late or early season snow.
I had snow tires for the real season
These new ones appear to be rated similar.
New options are nice

The tread pattern sure is similar to the ATM, isn't it... Kevlar/Aramid sidewalls would be nice but I haven't looked into them yet. I have the Cooper ATP II on one of our trucks and they are a solid tire so far. These look like a nice options for the 90% pavement pounder that wants some AT and snow capabilities.

19/32 tread depth for LT sizes!!
It's hard to find specs on these tires, such as weight etc. One source stated 18/32 for LTs and 14/32s for P-metric.
HD Diesel pick-up trucks are especially hard on tires. Everyone wants 1,000 LBS of torque and 12,000 GVW.
My last few sets have been Nitto EXO and Toyo CTs made in USA, likely at the White, GA plant.

I'd look at these tires in 275/65/20, 285/65/20 and 295/60/20.
My last set of Nokian tires were WR-G2 in 225/50/17 on a 2004 C-240 Benz.
OK when new, but wore out in 20,000 miles.

Back