New addition to my garage: 2000 Corvette FRC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice, congrats! The FRC version was quite rare too! While you're doing the suspension mods, you might as well turn the bolts to their lowest setting which will lower the car by about an inch. All Corvettes suffer from that 4x4 looking ride height from the factory but they look way better with less wheel gap.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Maybe just some exhaust....
wink.gif

Yes! It will eventually get an axle-back exhaust.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Nice find OP, low mileage C5. One owner?

I actually found the car at auction. There is a once-a-year "specialty car" dealer auction in my area. According to the CarFax, it spent it's whole life in the small town of Alma, Michigan with the same owner.

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
Nice ride

The body and paint look great in the photos.
Looks like someone took good care of her

I gave it a good wash, hit it with a clay bar, then waxed. Minimal swirling, no major scratches, and very few stone chips. There are five equally spaced chips in the rear fascia, right at the license plate pocket, that have been touched up. Looks like someone backed into a garbage can or something at some point. Super minor. Typical cracking and checking in the leather seats. Everything else is minty fresh.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Best of luck with it. Is not the design a timeless one? Dare I say, SEXY?

I would put the front end design right up with the FD RX7, one of the best designs of the '90s. The back end... well, we can't all be perfect.

Originally Posted By: HemiHawk
Congrats! Tell us more about that sweet F-Body! I've been looking around at them lately and it seems the Manual 98+ models are a little tough to find.

2000 Z28 LS1 M6 - 124,000 miles

Strano springs and sway bars, Koni shocks, UMI weld-in subframe connectors, UMI lower control arms, UMI torque arm, UMI transmission crossmember and torque arm relocation, UMI panhard bar relocation and adjustable panhard bar

SLP airbox lid and cold air duct, Hooker Blackheart mid-length headers, Hooker Blackheart 2.5" true-dual exhaust, LS6 intake, Cam Motion Titan 1 cam (218/222, .586"/.578", 112 LCA), PAC 1219 valve springs, bronze bush'd rocker arms, tuning done by me with HP Tuners and an AEM wideband

Under valve cover and timing cover photos from the cam swap: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4721956/1

3.90 gear in stock 10-bolt
shocked.gif
with Torsen differential, Falken Azenis 275/40-17, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, Turn 1 power steering pump, upgraded power steering cooler, DeWitts radiator, Pro 5.0 shifter

My power steering saga: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4498939/1

I currently autox run the car locally in CAM-C. It needs more tire (and maybe a better driver?) to really be competitive, but it is a very easy car to drive and a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back