Need Leaf Spring Bushing Part Numbers...

Time for some leaf spring bushings in my jeep. 2000 Cherokee. Rear Bushing at the shackle. The front leaf spring bushings are good still.

I have no idea what they are. Both sides were pulled off of random Cherokees sitting in the woods. Each side is different.

The outer diameter of the bushings are 1.39" and 1.52" the springs themselves are 2.5 inches wide.

Anyone have any part numbers or ability to look up? Not having good luck with that. Just leaf spring bushings for OE or X brand or Y brand.

Thanks in advance

A simple search of the Mopar web catalog shows part number 52000504 for the rear and 52000503 for the front bushings. Cheapy aftermarkets are $10 and OEM from Jeep are $73.

Not sure why you had difficulty with this unless you have a modified setup.

A simple search of the Mopar web catalog shows part number 52000504 for the rear and 52000503 for the front bushings. Cheapy aftermarkets are $10 and OEM from Jeep are $73.

Not sure why you had difficulty with this unless you have a modified setup.

They're aftermarket springs Different on each side. If I knew what brand each one was I'd be able to find the right one and buy from that company.

I don't believe they are the same diameter as OE spring bushings.

The fronts are fine, though. The back ones are really what fail due to all of the articulation and weird loading.

Not to get into the weeds but you're aware of the potential nightmare if you dare touch the shackle pivot bolts at the frame?

I know you're looking for leaf spring eyes so maybe leave well-enough alone at the top of the shackle ;) lest ye be tempted to "improve" things while you're there

As for your actual question, you're wanting rubber I assume as you said OEM or equivalent?

Not to get into the weeds but you're aware of the potential nightmare if you dare touch the shackle pivot bolts at the frame?

I know you're looking for leaf spring eyes so maybe leave well-enough alone at the top of the shackle ;) lest ye be tempted to "improve" things while you're there

As for your actual question, you're wanting rubber I assume as you said OEM or equivalent?

I did briefly think about making my own poly bushings. But for what I do, rubber is best.

Thankfully the first spring swap I did on this was before it got all old and rusty. Surprisingly, I can get all of the spring and shackle bolts in and out easily! I had one out a few months ago when I was mixing and matching to try to get the thing to sit somewhat even side to side and not have 9+ inches of lift in the back.

Reactions: D60
Back