Need help with choosing a Ram 1500 Configuration

Have you taken each one for a good test drive?
My F150 is 2 wheel drive and the wife's F350 is 4X4.

Limited Edition.
thumbsup2.gif

https://www.caricos.com/cars/d/dodge/2015_ram_laramie_limited/images/11.html

With the budget your 3 choices imply, I would consider factory-ordering to your taste. You have room to play with trims and options.

Originally Posted by shrooms
Why bother? They're garbage. Horrible quality. Check the reliability history. It's aghast.

What is your suggestion then oh enlightened one?

The Laramies are pretty nice. My coworker just got a new 2019, I like the LED headlights.

Since I have a Big Horn Ram 1500...

"B" seems to be a good choice.

I really like the bucket seats. I have them and I would not go back.
4x4: seems like you can get that back at resale.

The rubber mats are factory floor mats, not rubber floors like in copcars and base model work trucks.

For the haters:
Sorry, these Rams ride and handle better than the F150. It matters to some people.

Why bother? They're garbage. Horrible quality. Check the reliability history. It's aghast.

What an incredibly valuable post! If you wouldn't mind delivering it to my yard, I'm sure it would help fertilize my wife's flower bed
smirk.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

What an incredibly valuable post! If you wouldn't mind delivering it to my yard, I'm sure it would help fertilize my wife's flower bed
smirk.gif

Sorry about them flowers...

how much off msrp are those? I'm seeing 8000 on laramie and 12-14k on bighorn here.

Originally Posted by JustN89
Don't know what climate you live in, but it sounds like 4X2 would work just fine. The 3.21 gears should also work well on the highway.

Exactly what I was thinking . I decided we do not get enough ice / snow , per year , to justify the additional cost of 4 x 4 . Cheaper to loose a week or two of work , per year . You may be in the same situation . I have no desire to have 4 x 4 for the " prestige / bragging rites .

Everything else being equal , the 3.21 gears will give you better day to day fuel mileage . Sounds like , no more towing that you plan to do , the other gear ratios are not needed .

Best of luck to you , :)

Originally Posted by buster
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by buster
Is the resale that much better on a 4x4?

In his climate, I'd estimate that he'll use 2wd 99% of the time. Maybe even 100%.

If he gets a boat, 4x4 is useful on the launch ramps, also useful if you drive onto grass with a load. It's a nice feature to have, I used it on the weekend when we launched the Supra for example.

True. The trucks I've had were all 4wd. Beneficial in snow and if you go on the beach too.

I wish more trucks had an AWD option like the Ridgeline.

Most new trucks have a 4wd auto that is pretty much awd. Can leave it there all the time if you want to.

If you don't need four wheel drive or need to tow over 8,000 pounds, #1 is the clear winner. The level 2 interior with bucket seats is really nice. It should also has the 8.4" U Connect. The Hemi has plenty of grunt with 3.21 gears

Fascinating thread. Needs vs. wants run the gamut. I'm a frugal minimalist (cheep [censored]), so my choice would be the 2wd, even in Michigan.

Originally Posted by doitmyself
Fascinating thread. Needs vs. wants run the gamut. I'm a frugal minimalist (cheep [censored]), so my choice would be the 2wd, even in Michigan.

hahaha nothing wrong with that. At least you're honest. I give you credit for running 2wd in Michigan.
cheers3.gif

Well since no one else has said it, that's a lot to spend on a truck to go to Home Depot and the dump when a trailer and a hitch on a Camry could do the same thing.

That being said get 4wd. You'll almost never use it but if you don't get it you'll always wish you had. It should help at resale time and you don't want to be the only one at Home Depot without it.

Back