Need advice for a new 2018 Ford Focus 2.0L DGI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NewEnglander
Why wouldn't you do what the factory recommends? No reason not to here.

But man watch that transmission. I think they figured it out but those from the first half of this decade were god awful.

I take it that one cannot order a manual Focus which is NOT an RS, or ST anymore, as the reason for everyone taking for granted Fulgore has to have a DCT in his? (Or is it only the Titanium package which prohibits the manual option?)
21.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

The STs and the RSes are the only turbo Foci currently, as I believe that the 1 liter, 3 cylinder, turbo engine option was dropped from the lineup for the Focus.

You can still get the 1.0 with the Focus. It was dropped from the Fiesta line. Shame more people don’t buy it. It has the better automatic (non DCT) and the better manual (6 speed Getrag). And the best fuel economy.

My 1.0 manual hatchback has 49,000 miles and has been flawless. Highway trips are pretty much guaranteed 45+ MPG at 70 MPH, I’ve beat 50 MPG numerous times too going closer to 55 MPH.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: E365
Originally Posted By: dailydriver

The STs and the RSes are the only turbo Foci currently, as I believe that the 1 liter, 3 cylinder, turbo engine option was dropped from the lineup for the Focus.

You can still get the 1.0 with the Focus. It was dropped from the Fiesta line. Shame more people don’t buy it. It has the better automatic (non DCT) and the better manual (6 speed Getrag). And the best fuel economy.

My 1.0 manual hatchback has 49,000 miles and has been flawless. Highway trips are pretty much guaranteed 45+ MPG at 70 MPH, I’ve beat 50 MPG numerous times too going closer to 55 MPH.

Yes, there are R2 spec/class Fiestas in Europe winning rally championships with that power plant/drive train, against some FIERCE competition!
thumbsup2.gif
19.gif
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back