Napa Synthetic vs Motorcraft semi-synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can buy Napa "synthetic" on sale for $3 a quart of buy Motorcraft semi-synthetic for $2.77 a quart. Which of these is the better oil. I have read a lot about the Motorcraft on here, I just don't see much on the Napa. Thanks guys!

I will be using this oil on a old Chevy truck with a carburetor big block, I am guessing it will be very hard on oil.

Both of them are very good oils, however if I had to pick one I would go with NAPA. NAPA synthetic was on a good sale about 4-8 months ago, during that time a lot of good information came out such as that it's made by Ashland (same company that makes Valvoline) and that they say it's very similar to Valvoline SynPower only the NAPA has a less robust additive package than SynPower.

I personally would go with the NAPA sale, you get 5 quarts and a quality filter for $15 (after rebate), which is a good deal.

However, that being said Motorcraft oil and filters are also very good. And honestly, between the two you wont have an oil related problem, they both offer great protection.

I'd actually say this, since the Motorcraft is regular price, go with the NAPA and try it out. Then try Motorcraft after a few oil changes, and then you'll know. You'll either stick with the MC, or you'll know to stock up even more the next time NAPA synthetic is on sale

For a 5K OCI I doubt you would know the difference. If I was pushing it beyond that I would feel better with the NAPA synthetic (even though that doesn't mean that it would perform any better)

I would go with strictly synthetic if same price. I agree that Motorcraft is great, and have discussed with CV4LIFE, but equal price makes it a no-brainer to me.

Originally Posted By: Troy_Built
Motorcraft is a gine oil. Ask CROWNVIC4LIFE.

Yep...First starting using Motorcraft in 1988 when I had a 88 [5.0] Town Car...Ran it 300K miles using only Motorcraft...Been using it ever since...All our 4.6 Panthers use Motorcraft.

MC is my preferred oil, but it was impossible to stay away from the latest NAPA deal - 5 qts of full synthetic with a NAPA Gold filter for $14.99 (after a $5 mail-in rebate)

That's less than $2 per quart, assuming a $6 filter.

Me gots a case of 5w-20 full synth and 2 gold filters for $49, including tax. That'll be $39 when I get the rebate (2 rebates per household in the ad...)

As a developing oil geek, I'm grinning ear to ear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back