Napa Platinum 47356

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Originally Posted By: Phishin
This is why I can't stand Fram Ultra's....

You can NOT show a filter on this website without a grip full of dudes who are trying to be President of the Frm Ultra Fan Club showing up in your thread proclaiming Ultra's are better.

Those Fanboi's are relentless. Sometimes it actually [censored] me off.

This is what I have problem with. I use to like fram ultra . Because those type of fram fan boys , I just stop using the
ultra and start using other synthetic filter even I have to pay 2-3 dollar more .

I will say one time and one time only . On ZeeOSix . If some one bring up Mobil 1 . He will say fram better in efficiency . If some one bring up purolator , he will say tear issue . If some one bring up wix xp . He will bring up fram having better efficiency . Purolator line . Wix line . Champ line . All is good filter. It’s good leave it alone. Also calling peoples that build engine for living or build engine that cost $100k don’t care what filter they using , acuse they pick the filter for the look . He think he know everything. That why I don’t take his advise any more .
Z06 says it because it is true. No need to take his word for it, there is PLENTY of independent information that confirms what he is saying. The reasons you give for not using an Ultra have to be some of the lamest I have ever read...SMH.

this place use to be where peoples come and share info, come and share what they been using and they give opinion about it, now peoples dont do that any more, because every time some one want to share on what they using other then fram, and the zee0six dude usually the one start bashing talk down and nickpick every little thing to say about that filter is bad, and the user should use fram ultra or fram this fram that. come on , what ever its, wix, napa gold, wix xp, purolator one, purolator boss, KN , Mobil 1..... is the good filter and I bet 99% of peoples here knew those filter are good filter and use with confident. no need to talk down and nickpick on efficiency , its not much of a different. where you cant tell or feel or engine can tell or feel. and made the user feel like they doing something wrong. that what bother me. that is unnecessary.

this place use to be where peoples come and share info, come and share what they been using and they give opinion about it, now peoples dont do that any more, because every time some one want to share on what they using other then fram, and the zee0six dude usually the one start bashing talk down and nickpick every little thing to say about that filter is bad, and the user should use fram ultra or fram this fram that. come on , what ever its, wix, napa gold, wix xp, purolator one, purolator boss, KN , Mobil 1..... is the good filter and I bet 99% of peoples here knew those filter are good filter and use with confident. no need to talk down and nickpick on efficiency , its not much of a different. where you cant tell or feel or engine can tell or feel. and made the user feel like they doing something wrong. that what bother me. that is unnecessary.

ZeeOSix doesn't "bash" the other filters except to point out their efficiency ratings (or lack thereof). You complain about him but have this in your signature:

Quote:
NO FRAM OCOD " Orange Can Of DEATH

Using your criteria above, you think your engine can tell or feel a difference with the orange Fram can? If not, why put that in your signature if it's only based on an opinion with no facts to support it?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Racers typically don't care about efficiency. Ford Racing Performance does however make a very efficient racing oil filter, and Fram's racing filter is quite a bit more efficient than the XP.

No one use fram on their race motor any more . Most learn their mistake .

The new Fram racing filters haven't been out long. Forget about the name and maybe take a look at one. I would like to see one cut open. I think someone did it but I am not successful at searching.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: Phishin
This is why I can't stand Fram Ultra's....

You can NOT show a filter on this website without a grip full of dudes who are trying to be President of the Frm Ultra Fan Club showing up in your thread proclaiming Ultra's are better.

Those Fanboi's are relentless. Sometimes it actually [censored] me off.

This is what I have problem with. I use to like fram ultra . Because those type of fram fan boys , I just stop using the
ultra and start using other synthetic filter even I have to pay 2-3 dollar more .

I will say one time and one time only . On ZeeOSix . If some one bring up Mobil 1 . He will say fram better in efficiency . If some one bring up purolator , he will say tear issue . If some one bring up wix xp . He will bring up fram having better efficiency . Purolator line . Wix line . Champ line . All is good filter. It’s good leave it alone. Also calling peoples that build engine for living or build engine that cost $100k don’t care what filter they using , acuse they pick the filter for the look . He think he know everything. That why I don’t take his advise any more .
Z06 says it because it is true. No need to take his word for it, there is PLENTY of independent information that confirms what he is saying. The reasons you give for not using an Ultra have to be some of the lamest I have ever read...SMH.

2015_PSD & kschachn and many others see it like it is. I compare the performance specifications (efficiency, flow rates, delta-p, holding capacity, etc), build quality, reliability in use, cost etc and say what filters meet what IMO. Lots of people here do the same exact thing. Lots of people have criteria on why they buy and use besides the name on the product. I guess some people just can't handle the truth, and therefore resort to basing the people giving the facts.

Then certain people go into attack mode and get into a thought process like this:

It seems you have a problem that only stems from within yourself. Maybe you should try working on that some instead of taking your frustration out by bashing people here. I see you bash a certain filter in your signature, so now bashing people that talk about certain filters is your next target.

This place is no different than it was 10 years ago. People have always "come and share info, come and share what they been using and they give opinion about it" as you say. Facts are given, and people make their decisions based on facts, but some do make decisions based on emotions.

If you're going to focus on me and try and make false accusations about me then you better be able to go dig up some specifics posts I've made that supports you personal attack claims against me. Go for it, I challenge you to go back up your false claims.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Racers typically don't care about efficiency. Ford Racing Performance does however make a very efficient racing oil filter, and Fram's racing filter is quite a bit more efficient than the XP.

No one use fram on their race motor any more . Most learn their mistake .

The new Fram racing filters haven't been out long. Forget about the name and maybe take a look at one. I would like to see one cut open. I think someone did it but I am not successful at searching.

New Fram racing filters cut open (HP20 virgin)

That dog almost seems cute in some kind of strange way
lol.gif

Yeah Zee is just saying what information is out there. I put up a picture and post of my Federated Auto oil filter which is 99% at 20 microns, has synthetic media, rated for 10k miles (though as with almost ALL filters could go a good bit longer on a clean well taken care of motor) and only cost $5. Zee gave me a thumbs up on that good deal filter.

I am very pleased to have started to go shopping at Federated Auto for a good portion of my car maintenance stuff. Cheaper by a good margin over AAP, AZ, and O Reilly's. Federated Auto group 24F battery for $99 3 yr free replacement warranty made by East Penn manufacturing. Federated Auto full synthetic oil made by WPP for $3.49 a qt. Plus the EX oil filter for $5.

bbhero - be sure to cut open that Federated Auto filter open when it's done being used and post up some photos. Yeah, that filter is a deal at $5. No Federated Auto stores in my area, if there were I'd probably pick one of those up.

Yeah I am going to Zee. I need to find/buy a far better cutting tool for that job. When I used my small hack saw my left hand would tremor and shake for days after doing it. Due to my illness. And my right arm would be very weak and have little grip strength due to using that tool. Was really, really hard on my doing that. So, I just gotta have to get a far better tool to do it with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back