NAPA lost me as a customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
Prepare to not be a customer at most any place now.

Even the dealers. A lot of our OE filters (and wire harnesses) are made in China now.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
So it's a good thing that this is made in a China, to save the buyer a few cents?

I applaud the OP for being unwilling to buy third world goods. But like others have said, it may mean good luck finding something else. IME, NAPA is one of the better parts stores in that regard. I'd boycott the part, not sure I'd boycott the store.

I agree. The only "silly" part of this thread is the people bashing the op for his opinion.

I like Napa but there are very few stores around and frankly they often aren't stocked that well. If I need a part today and someone else has it and they don't guess who I pick? Especially when the store with the part in stock is much closer to me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Silverado12
I even had parts from my 2004 Chevy Impala that were Chinese made OEM from the factory.

Same with my 2013. While rotating tires I used the temporary spare. I pointed out to my daughter (who was helping me) that the spare had "Made in USA" stamped on it. Unfortunately the OEM rims had "Made in China" stamped on them!

Last edited:
This pipe dream people have of “I buy American made only” is silly. We live in a global world. Pretty much everything is outsourced to some extent.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Food is the only area where I have a 100% no China policy.

That really limits your tea options.
wink.gif
Many specifically Indian options are expensive darjeelings.

Originally Posted By: oldmaninsc
Originally Posted By: Silverado12
I even had parts from my 2004 Chevy Impala that were Chinese made OEM from the factory.

Same with my 2013. While rotating tires I used the temporary spare. I pointed out to my daughter (who was helping me) that the spare had "Made in USA" stamped on it. Unfortunately the OEM rims had "Made in China" stamped on them!

Yup, just about all your "big 3" domestic car alloy wheels will be made in China or Mexico.

Assembled in America usually means with a bunch of foreign made parts. Where does the filter manufacturer get their media from? Or ADB valves? Or the steel for the case?

This is the economy we have. Buying American made is not the assurance of quality either. I see a lot of stuff slapped together like the people didn’t care. I buy based on quality and price.

*insert unsubstantiated rage* I'm never buying XXX from YYY ever again now that I know it's made in ZZZ! Because holding a retailer accountable in a global economy for a manufacturing change that they had no control over is always an acceptable anger point. Far be it for the manufacturer to not get a lonely consumer's prior authorization before changing a supplier.
lol.gif
33.gif

Last edited:
Wonder what type of "smart phone" Vern has?

He probably doesn't so I can't go there......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back